Self Service Fall / Winter 12.13 : Charlotte Casiraghi by Mario Sorrenti

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Facebook/Self Service
Introducing Self Service N°37 Fall/Winter 2012

Guest-edited by Charlotte Casiraghi. 2/2

Charlotte Casiraghi photographed by Mario Sorrenti. Styling by Suzanne Koller. Hair by Jimmy Paul. Makeup by Aaron de Mey.

Attachments

• 539392_461702430519936_656430671_n.jpg
    539392_461702430519936_656430671_n.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 230591_461702187186627_1164815989_n.jpg
    230591_461702187186627_1164815989_n.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60
Oh god I dont like this covers at all. I cant believe Sorrenti shot this.
It looks so amateur. This is not that kind of photos that look good without text. It would look of if the text could hide the emptiness.

She looks pretty but I must admit the cover does look amateur especially with close up shots of the face which imo are never suitable for covers.

I can't say that both of covers are awful.
Nice pictures but not as covers .

Charlotte's really beautiful, but this is not the type of cover I expect from SS. It's just a pretty picture, that's it.

Really pretty covers and I like Charlotte! I just hope that this issue doesn't only include her, horses, and Gucci.

From underground scene to monarchy ... W O W !
I don't know why, can't really put a spell on it ... But there's something absolutely wrong for me, there (not talking about the covers. I think they are good portraits) ...

There's just something so inappropriate... Why would you ask the daughter of a princess to guest-edit one of the former most interesting magazine in Fashion ... A magazine who promoted alternatives, and a different kind of beauty and fashion. I know these days are past ... But to come to this ...
I don't know ... Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm just gamed over ...

Kindly explain to me why Self Service is having her as a guest-editor. I know, she wanted to be a journalist or something ... She's done internships in editing, right ?
Well that's very good for one's resume I bet !! And Self Service would sell more issues worldwide because they have her ?

But for the readership ?? Does somebody think of the reader, still ??

Charlotte looks beautiful, both covers are lovely. Looking forward to seeing some of the editorials.

The second cover is better

I like it from a technical standpoint. They have retained the texture of her skin, and I like that a lot. Such perfect skin should be allowed to shine with all its idiosyncrasies.

But the images don't work. I can't put my finger on it. But the angles and the cropping is slightly off.

From underground scene to monarchy ... W O W !
I don't know why, can't really put a spell on it ... But there's something absolutely wrong for me, there (not talking about the covers. I think they are good portraits) ...

There's just something so inappropriate... Why would you ask the daughter of a princess to guest-edit one of the former most interesting magazine in Fashion ... A magazine who promoted alternatives, and a different kind of beauty and fashion. I know these days are past ... But to come to this ...
I don't know ... Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm just gamed over ...

Kindly explain to me why Self Service is having her as a guest-editor. I know, she wanted to be a journalist or something ... She's done internships in editing, right ?
Well that's very good for one's resume I bet !! And Self Service would sell more issues worldwide because they have her ?

But for the readership ?? Does somebody think of the reader, still ??

Couldn't agree more. I don't find Charlotte that beautiful per se but even if I did she'd still be totally wrong for this magazine. She fits well with VP (which she covered last year) but I don't see how the people who buy SS would be happy with such a choice. Anyway, I hope there are more editorials than those previewed on models.com because so far everything looks uninteresting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really love these covers! They look like movie stills, which in most cases isn't a great comparison, but it really works here!!

It'll only be interesting if she gives some insight into her personality, which she seems loathe to do.

Not a fan of the cover, but excited to get so I can see the insides content Lara Stone and Hilary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->