Ports 1961 F/W 2021.22 Milan

It's extremely reverential and literal, I can see some Pringle of Scotland by Clare Waight Keller in the first few looks and then it becomes a Céline madness. What's more, I can tell which look comes from which collection from the past. That being said, it's not a bad collection, it's just rooted in being unoriginal.

Once again, I'm surprised to see such disparaging comments, when I thought this collection was executed beautifully, looks expensive, luxe and well cut. I'm also a fan of the proportions, the texture and genuinely do not dislike a single look. This brand deserves more recognition!

Another firm highlight of MFW (along with Fendi) for me.

Once again, I'm surprised to see such disparaging comments, when I thought this collection was executed beautifully, looks expensive, luxe and well cut. I'm also a fan of the proportions, the texture and genuinely do not dislike a single look. This brand deserves more recognition!

Another firm highlight of MFW (along with Fendi) for me.
Agreed but still a shameless copy of multiple collections from the past 10 years :doh:

Unfortunately, although clearly inspired by some superb looks from famous collections we all remember, I find this remix just very :sick:. Silhouette not found.

Agreed but still a shameless copy of multiple collections from the past 10 years :doh:
Agreed,

And as a fellow Canadian supporting Canadian Brands (Yes, Ports 1961 is actually Canadian). I see no brand identity and very clear influences of other brands (Celine F/W 13.14 + Balenciaga F/W 11.12, F/W 04.05, and F/W 02.03).

It's a good thing those campaigns are as good as they are, lol...

It's unoriginal, but c'mon...it's far better than most other collections out there these days. It's Templer, so you know everything is expertly edited and super clean. Sure, we've got Balenciaga F/W 2002 (in a major way) and Celine F/W 2013 (again, in a major way), plus footwear ripped from Rick, but it looks desirable. I guess I'm just a blind Karl Templer stan forever and always though.

I would prefer to see him styling some actual editorial print work these days though NGL :ermm:. But this is what he always wanted to do with a brand, so w/e.

Last edited:
Does anyone also see early Rodarte/FW ‘09 in the first few looks here? Am I crazy for thinking that?

The sad thing is we all know the references, where is the elements of the collection comes from.
As a fashion insider, it's unoriginal and uninspired.

But I can't deny this is a good and solid collection. Rather than pushing the boundaries of fashion and being creative.
It's desirable, I love the pieces. I would want to buy them in the stores.

Loved most of the looks from the collection, very chic and streamlined. But to echo other members, there's a lot here that's "inspired" by others...

I‘ll take this over everything else I have seen the past few days, especially Prada and DG, anytime

I want to like it, the accesories are lovely (the pink and pearl grey boots!) but I cannot wholly embrace something that's so "inspired by"...it cannot be ignored just because the vibe is great and the casting is cool.

It's weird no one has mentioned how much it resembles Sacai too, styling a show doesn't mean you own the look....it also has traces of Balenciaga under Wang (also styled by him) particularly the marble print and the cut of that red leather shirt.

That twisted dress is very Céline, as is the green coat and the furry looking dress. The grey mini-skirt and coat on Mika are just a carbon copy of Fendi F/W 15.16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->