Prabal Gurung S/S 2015 New York

marcBarna

Reaction score
Prabal-Gurung-New-York-RTW-SS15-0368-1410006198-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

The first 8 looks and the last 5 are very nice. The rest is just a rehash of everything he's done the past few years. I don't dislike it, but a tighter editing would do him a lot of favors.

i agree, and a lot looks SO cheap and a bit like rodarte even

For me it's a very mediocre collection, almost as if he was attempting to be purposely complicated but it turned out rather messy. It is a mash-up of what he has been doing so far for sure. Those last three looks are horrid to me, the white underwear showing is a deal-breaker.

I want to root for Prabal Gurung. I don't know why, but I always want to root for this brand. Unfortunately, this is a hot mess. There is wayyyyyy too much going on.

OH Lord not only is this a hot mess, its badly tailored.

I kind of like a couple of the pieces. Some are overworked, but the simpler ones are stunning.

I agreed with too many techniques and ideas run in this collection,but still there are very good pieces especially the evening section that was outstanding.

A mess, looks like a Raf Simons Dior wannabe.

Love this collection. The looks at modern and cool and fresh, reminds me if his first collection s that I loved. All of the dresses are amazing and I'm sure we will see many of them on the red carpet.

As many people stated before, I have no idea what this designer stands for. I don't think he knows what he stands for, hence the over complication to hide the fact that there is nothing there. The young generation of male Asian designers are really proving to be one trick ponies.

- The beginning looks (first 13) and about many of the last looks are good.

- The middle is messy, mostly a failure in editing, but if separates, I can see quite a few being used by editors and stylists.

- I can't decide if I like the shoes, I like the idea but something is lacking.

Somebody really loves NG and Rodarte. And it seems like he won't move on from last season's mess.

Its all over the place, it has no point of view, no focus! Sometimes i do wonder why he gets soo much praise from industry people. I don think he lacks talent, but show me a collection with clear direction and might have a conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->