Prabal Gurung S/S 2013 New York

I think this is the ugliest NYFW collection so far. I agree on the bad fitting of the clothes, but all these ruffles etc.
I wonder whether Gurung is capable of doing something different from previous seasons. It feels like he picks up the cuts and patterns from previous seasons and makes them ugly and tadaaa: new collection.
If this keeps continuing, he'll lose his status and lose the flow of being overrated.

i like one red dress at the end, everything else is so bad..

seriously his bestcollections were s/s11,f/w11,s/s12 and everything has gone downhill since then

OMG - i have no words - looks like project runway - 5 dressmaker showing at same time - so much different looks with bad fitting and tayloring
but my eyes are bleeding - must see the lovely
- Ava in that bad fitting dress - horrible :angry: :yuk:

the worst show i ´ve ever seen :cry:

That red ruffled number. Who on Earth would wear that?

Well .. maybe some Reality TV star. This is baaaad.

This FW is SO bleak so far. :(

What a disastrous collection. What was so bad about this show, and about Prabal actually, is the absolute lack of personality and creative direction. Almost every piece came down with a deja vu feeling attached to it, just a bunch of random stuff thrown in together. Nothing new, nothing exciting, nothing good.

Messy and not at all cohesive. Especially the first and second parts, they could be two different collections.

Shockingly bad, it seems like he changed direction of the collection half way through, and that is never a good look. And then it just all looks so unflattering on models, the critics will rave anyway though, i am sure.......

i couldn't even bare to view the HQ fotos what an awful collection. the makeup and hair was the best part

well, that was disappointing...even the models can't save this. bleh

This looks to be a HUGE misstep for him. The biggest problem for me is not how haphazard this is, not the similarities to other designers and not the lack of a direction but the fact that he abandoned all of his strengths. He does great, sharp tailoring. He does interesting embellishment on simple pieces. He does a sexy party dress. Why would he go for volume and layers and trailing bits and all of this superfluous crap when none of it is really in his wheelhouse?

Also, the prints. Last spring his prints were striking and beautiful, and they worked for the concept. Fall's were interesting but overly-complicated. Now the whole print-on-print thing is just tired and seems like an automatic response as opposed to a well thought out idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->