Prabal Gurung S/S 2024 New York

Pretty damn good. fine dressmaking elevates even the most challenging looks. That gold plisse one shoulder number with the coffee crystalline skirt is a vision.

The same plisse is used on another blue dress with uneven hem and really highlights the fine seamwork.

some of it is too mish mashed. The finale gown needed about 35% edited out. However it still has fine skills being utilized. The mauve/blush plisse gown with the exaggerated hip is probably the best look in the collection. I

overall this captures the NYC idea of Street Glamor. RL is too insulated, this is a woman who sometimes still takes MTA. I like that there is very little filler only a few looks couldve been left out.

Love a lot the fabric choices in all of this. They’re rich, textural, play with taste in an interesting way and still look luxe.

The execution of the garments themselves though is bad. You can see what he was going for because you know the exact references, but he’s not convinced on it. Half baked and rather amateur.

Looking at this collection as a whole - I love the colors..but when I look at each individual look its just meh and look 32 is just too much

I absolutely love the textural diversity here and his SA roots are clearly being celebrated.

Some parts do scream Dries, however, albeit less deftly. And I think the styling and juxtaposition of certain proportions have a very 1-2-3 countedness to them. It’s almost like the stylist went in thinking: what will give us the most flashbulbs, or let me follow that styling meme: big shirt, little pants…

In motion, it gets an above-passing grade from me. I do think some of the tops will be lovely paired down with jeans or tailored shorts - or in the authentic way people wear and inhabit their clothes on the street but unfortunately there’s perhaps only one true hero piece in this entire collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->