Prada has a fashion show, Manolo Blahnik has . . . .?

stilettogirl84

Reaction score
I know high end clothing designers have shows to display their products to potential buyers- like Bergdorfs or Meiman Marcus.

What do High end shoe designers do? (Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Christian Loubutin) I'm curious do they just send out a booklet of their designs to potential buyers, or do they have an event where all of the new season's designs are displayed?

I once heard of a choo shoe show (repeat that 3 times fast :lol:) but dunno if that was a regular or a one-off event

My friend said she saw a Manolo Blahnik shoe show at the Barcelona Fashion Week, I was like why would he show there? I wonder what a shoe show is like, is it models posing or walking and if they are whose clothes are they wearing? Or is it like shoes on pedestals.

catwalk?

Diorling said:
My friend said she saw a Manolo Blahnik shoe show at the Barcelona Fashion Week, I was like why would he show there? I wonder what a shoe show is like, is it models posing or walking and if they are whose clothes are they wearing? Or is it like shoes on pedestals.

exactly- i mean if there are girls modelling them, what clothes are they wearing?

As far as I know, shoe designers do a kind of installation to present their new collections where buyers, editors and the like can come and see the new stuff....I'm sure there are shoe fashion shoes, but it's not very common.

I don't know what they wear if models are used. I saw a designer shoe show of a not-so-well known designer and they had on very simple dresses, but kept them short so you can see the shoes. Jewelry designers usually have the models wear lots of black to accent the pieces.

good question..

they'll usually have an event or party ...like a breakfast or or cocktail hour or something..and invite editors to preview the collection..

buyers make inividual appointments...
there are also shoe trade shows for the more mass market companies...
each company has a booth to display their wares...

Last edited by a moderator:
softgrey said:
there are also shoe trade shows for the more mass market companies...
each company has a booth to display their wares...

i love trade shows... :woot: :heart:

hi everyone, i'm new and very bashful to post but i have a question on trade shows v. showrooms. What are the pros and cons of both and more importantly which is better for a small indie designer starting out?

and btw.... I've been reading a lot of the posts and I think it great how everyone is so responsive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppermilk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->