Prada Holiday 2020 by Steven Meisel

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by TZ001, Nov 2, 2020.

1. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

2. Avogadro

Avogadro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    newsbreak.com

3. cottonmouth13

cottonmouth13 Well-Known Member

This gives me 'Cinema Stills' vibes with Daria and Elise.

But most importantly, yes to Meisel resuming his duties as Prada's lensman! :woot:

4. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

Meisel and Prada in black-and-white is never a miss. I love this. Puts all Willy's campaigns to shame. I just hope Meisel will stick around with Raf's involvement. S/S 2021 will need a lot of magic.

5. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Prada by Meisel :heart:

6. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

I cannot believe my eyes. I am shaking! What?! An iconic pairing in 2020, Meisel and Prada, a great campaign, great casting as well, some concept, and no pretentious social justice bull*hit?! Pure fashion and luxury?! Dream-inducing imagery?!

This is it! Done! Sorry, Prada wins 2020, can’t care about anything else at this point. I will probably come back here and to the Zara thread 100 times in next 5 years as the rest is so bland and mediocre.

I hope Edward and Beyonce go cry in the corner for not doing everything in their powers to get the new issue captured by Meisel. Every time he just casually does a new series of photographs and shows his damn PhD in photographing luxury to all the other photographers, who are still in primary school, when compared to him.

Reggie63, franceslions, ivano and 5 others like this.
  7. aracic

aracic Moderator

It's a Christmas miracle!! I thought the title was a mistake, couldn't believe my eyes. It's so exciting to have Meisel back at Prada!! I truly hope it's permanent. You can't beat Meisel's skill... the campaign is magnificent. It's nice to see him playing outside of his studio again as well. First Zara's campaign and now this... he's on a roll!

All I need now is a reunion between Meisel - Prada - Sasha P and I could die in peace.

8. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Wait, Meisel back at Prada, AND SHOOTING OUTSIDE OF STUDIO?!!!

Whaaat!!!!!

Beautiful campaign, it's not really outstanding though, but given what we are getting these days, this is just more than welcome!

9. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

I knew it. When Miuccia decided to stop collaborating with Willy and changed the photographer for Resort 2020 -which was actually really nice- it was obvious that she needed Meisel again. And thinking a bit deeper, only Meisel can make this new Prada relevant in terms of imagery. I mean, they had all the hype, super good reviews (although they didn't deserve it lol) and now the last thing they need is a really strong campaign to sell it. And who's the man that can make it possible? Meisel, period.

This resort campaign can't make it wrong in my eyes. It's my favorite collection of Miuccia in years -and sadly her last one designing alone- and she's talking about a classic elegance without any pretentious: just a beautiful woman wearing a beautiful coat. And Meisel elevates all that. Somehow I find it very clever because it's easy to feel that mood looking through the pictures.

And last but not least: it's kinda obvious that they're gonna keep Meisel forever. And let's be honest: they're not gonna be so stupid to give Raf Simons this kind of decisions -unless they want to be C.K. 2.0-. I don't think that she had the nerve to say: Hi Steven, I'm back and I wanted to hire you again for one resort advertising... Honestly I don't know what the hell she said to convince him to be back at the brand. Because I'd feel so embarrassed to do that after changed Meisel for...Willy Vanderperre.

I'm excited.

Reggie63, WeeRethie, Kimihiro and 6 others like this.
  10. apple

apple Well-Known Member

So not everything that happens in 2020 sucks!

11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The magic of Meisel...
    Classic, chic, timeless and aspirational.
    A lifestyle....That’s how you sell luxury.

A great photographer makes you love a collection you hated.
    Meisel is still above his contemporaries.

They better continue to collaborate with him because god knows that the Raf/Miuccia collection needs him.

Valentine27, Reggie63, SRank and 8 others like this.
  12. myran

myran Well-Known Member

13. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Wow, an outdoor shoot for Meisel. We love to see it.

Lola701 likes this.
  14. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Great campaign and it truly does look like stills from some kind of cool arthouse film.

I can't help but feel nostalgic of the amazing F/W 2012 campaign when I see the checkers.

15. Conbothsides

Conbothsides Well-Known Member

Wow am I dreaming? The photos are absolutely stunning! The art direction? Not so much

16. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you! This man is something else. Even remotely, he managed to give us the Meisel we all love. For this very basic collection, you need a very talented photographer to make it desirable. This campaign gives us storytelling and desirability.

Miuccia is getting back to her senses. Both Prada and Miu Miu are good.

17. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

I wonder if menswear is going to be part of the campaign.

I really want to buy something from Prada now.

18. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Active Member

He is not young man, but still want learning new method of work. Only true artist can change habits. Technically, remote shooting it is not very complex. He seated in NY on own computer and it is connectioned with the other computer on the set by special program. He see all photo while crew doing photos. For us is good news maybe we will seeing a lot of beautiful photos in future.

Valentine27 likes this.
  19. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

Karl Templer?

20. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Prada be like "let's return to the older clients with actual cash in this harsh period" :ninja:

Anyway, this is truly major. Really put Vanderperre's ads to shame, that I had to actually Google Vanderperre's ads because I don't remember any of them :unsure:

GivenchyAddict and RaisinBoy like this.