Prada Latest Keyrings

I know i am just being overpowered by the marketing machine that is Prada but i am loving these so much - does anyone know how much they cost? I want one on my bag!

i like the ones marni does better...

i have a cute little plastic pinnochio puppet i'm thinking of putting on a bag...but i don't know which one...and i also got a metal castle with a knight's helmet and plume when i was in las vegas that i think will go well with the pinnochio...

i'm not going the designer route since i know it won't last more than a season or two...
:P :wink:

marni charms...
ps...these are from last season...so once again...look who is copying who... :innocent:

Originally posted by helena@Oct 27 2004, 12:36 PM
I know i am just being overpowered by the marketing machine that is Prada but i am loving these so much - does anyone know how much they cost? I want one on my bag!
[snapback]408241[/snapback]​

I think they are so cute and fun- but the price is :rolleyes: My BF, the mad inventor/artist, has electronics parts and do-dads by the bucket-ful. I'd salvage some parts and make something cool myself before I would pay more than 10 bucks for one :ninja:

robot_regular.jpg

Here is a cute article from orange mag-- they quote the price as $232US!!!

The only one Neiman M. has is this flat leather? one ($138), and its already sold out. I only like the 3D metal ones anyway.

NMM5614_mn.jpg

I love them all especially the teddybear, but unfortunately it was sold out in Florence :(

don't do it :ninja:

I don't get this trend. It's like what the Japanese street kids have been doing for years and what the elementary kids do with all their junky Happy Meal keychains on their backpacks. I can only imagine Miuccia laughing her way to the bank about this one. To make matters even worse, everybody else is starting to copy. Gucci even has a boot for $160 and Tod's has good luck charms for $140.

I like the idea of going Softie's route and using funky keychains. I was in this store the other day that sells Japanese cartoon toys that I found myself wanting to hang off my messanger....I say go for that option Helena.

Off track...today I found a double G Gucci keychain in a thrift store behind the bagel shop I go to every day for only $10.

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Oct 27 2004, 03:17 PM
i have 3...but I really really love them :woot: :heart:
[snapback]408417[/snapback]​
did you put them on a bag ?...

are they all one one bag?...what kind of bag?.. :flower:

Originally posted by purechris@Oct 27 2004, 03:28 PM
I don't get this trend. It's like what the Japanese street kids have been doing for years and what the elementary kids do with all their junky Happy Meal keychains on their backpacks. I can only imagine Miuccia laughing her way to the bank about this one. To make matters even worse, everybody else is starting to copy. Gucci even has a boot for $160 and Tod's has good luck charms for $140.

I like the idea of going Softie's route and using funky keychains. I was in this store the other day that sells Japanese cartoon toys that I found myself wanting to hang off my messanger....I say go for that option Helena.

[snapback]408424[/snapback]​

Case in point

http://www.kidrobot.com/

I bought my wife a keychain with one of the characters from "Spirited Away"

i got this robot called HOOK. i sometimes click it on my jeans belt loop (for protection, you understand. enemies are everywhere :lol: , but i never wear it on my bag.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 27 2004, 03:49 PM
Case in point

http://www.kidrobot.com/

I bought my wife a keychain with one of the characters from "Spirited Away"
[snapback]408441[/snapback]​

Those are great FAUST! :heart: :heart: :cry: :heart: Spirted Away--

I checked ebay for Prada's robot keychains, and people are buying from $300-500--

The descriptions are all touting them as "found objects". Which is obviously not true, because they only have a few styles made from the same exact pieces they "found" in huge bins in the factory's stockroom. :P They are a bunch of nuts and bolts and scrap leather screwed together. I think I am being generous suggesting they would cost about 4 bucks (including labor) to make. These should be in luna's "the price is wrong" category :wacko: !

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Oct 27 2004, 04:07 PM
Those are great FAUST!  :heart:  :heart:  :cry:  :heart:  Spirted Away--

I checked ebay for Prada's robot keychains, and people are buying  from $300-500--

The descriptions are all touting them as "found objects".  Which is obviously not true, because they only have a few styles made from the same exact pieces they "found" in huge bins in the factory's stockroom. :P  They are a bunch of nuts and bolts and scrap leather screwed together.  I think I am being generous suggesting they would cost about 4 bucks (including labor) to make.  These should be in luna's "the price is wrong" category :wacko: !
[snapback]408449[/snapback]​

Ah, I'm glad you like the site. They have a store in Soho, next to the Apple store, check it out one day.

Yes, "Spirited Away" is an amazing cartoon. My wife is in love with it (I like it a lot too). I also got her the art book from it, it's beautiful - she shows it to our baby daughter.

i agree with luna...those are great faust!...

Thanks for the link...

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 27 2004, 04:24 PM
i agree with luna...those are great faust!...

Thanks for the link...
[snapback]408459[/snapback]​

my pleasure :flower:

i like HATED them on runway, but they have grown on me. ahh, the elusive power of advertising and marketing. i want the bear and the flame (and a new leather messenger for them to dangle off of!).

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 27 2004, 03:28 PM
did you put them on a bag ?...

are they all one one bag?...what kind of bag?.. :flower:
[snapback]408425[/snapback]​
I usually put them on my bags...

examples...

they look great on a old prada bowling bag (i can only fit one because the hardware where the strap & bag connect is too small...but i sometimes but another one on the loop that comes with them)

i have a new prada flap bag, the one with the jewel brooch detail at the closure and sometimes i attach one on one side...
...but sometimes i take the removable strap off and use it as a clutch & clip one on one side & two on the other side :heart: (i really like the way this looks)

i also wear them attached onto a long silver chain (only one at a time & i dont use the furry one for this)

i also wear them attached onto a black piece of ribbon as a bracelet(like in the ads)...but they get kind of annoying :innocent:

my robot's names are...tini, druso, & harry...(i think thats it, its the black furry one :ninja: :heart: )

...and i might get magnet :ninja:

pradaromance...they come with names?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->