Prada S/S 2014 by Steven Meisel

The lack of concept is what makes this look like a backstage snap. I mean, Prada is known for doing ad campaigns in studio, but everytime they do it it looks quite special thanks to the ornamentad sets and game of lights but this is extremely bland, there is not a thing that atracts me to the shot and on top of that the models are just standing there (apart from Anna and Cindy that look the best) so so far this is extremely disapointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like a Prada Army! Projecting power, strength, charm, vulnerability, but still very feminine and sensual.

The cast is so VI Dec'13 :lol:

I only like this because of Cindy, can't wait to see Malaika's shot, I wish there was an Asian model though

I like it. :blink: The dress in the middle is misstyled, though.

Anna looks the best. :cool:

It´s so crowded my first thought was to dislike it but the more I look at it the more I like. It´s not about the models or composition but all about the clothes... sometimes with a truly beautiful campaign I get lost in everything else but the clothes.

Did they take this photos with an iphone and did the editing in paint ?

Btw, mods, please add Steven Meisel in the thread title :flower:

I'm really happy for the girls, especially for Cindy Bruna (as she didn't even walk for the show). I totally know what TREVOFASHIONISTO & lanvinray mean, and the continuation of the cast I would suggest Mariana Santana, Devon Windsor, Lera Tribel & Betty Adewole

I don't miss 1 or 2 girls campaigns at all, but as of now there's a strong feeling of a crowd of models (doesn't matter whether there are new or established). This way I'm not sure I get who is Prada woman now

i absolutely love it!!

anna ewers and i can't wait to see ophelie :heart:

I mean it might be very simple, but it doesn't fail at grabbing your attention, so much to take in here!

I miss the time when being a Prada girl actually meant something, now all this look so random and messy

WTF is this??? look very amateur, a great collection with this campaing NO NO Prada need a big change

Looks sorta like a family portrait/Prada Class of 2014 shot. Not what I was expecting, but I'm curious to see more.

Anyway, so happy to see Ola here! :heart:

Never been a fan of Cindy's look, I'd much rather they used Mariana Santana. She looks fresher.

Maybe once the campaign video is out, everything is going to come together and start making sense! Just like last season's with Cameron Russell.

I kind of like it. I like how the faces on the dress kind of trick your eye at a quick glance, they kind of throw things off...but in a good way. I'm intrigued to see more anyway.

I was exciting when i saw the thread's name, but this is really ****.

i know that meisel has been shooting for prada for several years and i like most of the results, but this collection was really to be shot by jean-paul goude!!!!

Maarjan is on the golden section of the composition. Anna and Julia, breathtaking. This is so on point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annejudy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->