Prada S/S 2025 Milan

Well that was something…

Casting was atrocious. I mean…BAD. And they were all practically sprinting.

Clothes were completely all over the place. Absolutely no rhythm or flow to the run-of-show. Just random look after random look. I know they all think that’s sO mOdErN to be completely narrativeless and “free associative,” but it’s not. It’s amateur looking.

Prada is completely charmless now. Raf is absolutely the worst.

My third impression: What’s going on with all those archives accessories going on? The pumps from FW2012, FW2008, the Wingtips brogues from SS2011 (I’m not mad at these ones I’m going to restock)…
This was my main train of thought throughout the show as well. Once I was past the surprise of recognizing the archival footwear/acc, I started looking for more archival codes in the actual rtw to match these ftw/acc moments and I couldn't really find them...which left me quite confused? I honestly need a moment to kind of digest and come to an opinion on this.

Thought the casting was incredibly MiuMiu, btw...it's becoming increasingly more difficult to separate the two at first glance (not in the least bit because of pricing strategies)

Did their design team change in the last six months because this is the most random and bizarre Prada collection ever. A multitude of incoherent ideas and no sense of unity in anything. What happened?

Not that it matters anyway. The RTW collections are just symbolic these days. You walk into a Prada store now and there are like three runway pieces on the rack and the rest is commercial / black nylon / random things that the merchandising team come up with. It's quite depressing.

I digress. It's becoming more and more apparent that the Prada that we all know and love was actually the work of a combination of people who are now gone - Fabio Z and Manuela Pavesi specifically. It's crazy to think that the strongest years of the brand, and most influential, was actually due to a strong team and not necessarily the vision of Miuccia herself.

Fabio should go to somewhere like Jil Sander or Marni and bring back that "Old Prada" aesthetic...

It is Prada for the new generation who know little about its legendarily ugly chic, so they try to make this collection as ugly as possible so that their new customers can understand without effort how to look ugly for the sake of being ugly.

Ok.. I don't hate this. It's all over the place but I think it's intentional.
It kinda reminds me of Gucci interim collection between Alessandro and Sabato though lol
I came here to say THE EXACT Same thing

The worst Prada collection in Years. Sorry.

Oh god it’s bad. There’s hints of old Prada here and there but it’s cold all through out. Demna vibes but no fun!

Prada even at its most outrageous felt warm and sensual. This ain’t it.

Wow, that's quite a (terribly) bold statement... Prada goes Berghain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->