Prada Uomo F/W 2004

Lena, you are real fast :-) (in posting fotos:-)

i was already archiving this collection when i saw your topic :wink:
thats my fave collection so far :flower:

I don't know how I feel about this. :unsure:

I think every few seasons Miuccia likes to do a paired-down collection like this, as if she's saying to the minimalist camp "hey, I'm still here!" Fall 2002 was just like today's collection--solid, wearable knits and coats, offbeat details, and basic colors.

I like Miuccia much more when she goes out on a limb with hues, decoration, cuts, etc. Fall 2003 was perfection for me. This show, on the other hand, is just a little too weird at times. What's with the robot cartoon collage and the odd overflowing keyrings? And there are no interesting bags to speak of. Hell, there are hardly any bags at all, save for that plain nylon satchel thing.

I wanna see more pictures, but so far, I'm not liking this. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to this show.

I :heart: :heart: :heart: it!

Prada always manages to surprise, but it's still evolutionary rather than revolutionary, as always.

i love the mood from this show, its very 'realistic' and the 'robot' has the handmade detail feeling of something childish and unique .
Colour combinations are just amazing and i love how the mood is NOT nostalgic,
i could wear everything from this line, its really adorable :blush: :heart:

viva Mucia&team for keeping it fresh :flower:

Oh, this collection is cute :-) This is the punkiest bourgeois, the most bourgeois punk. Two tone sweater, torn tshirt, keyrings out of trousers and nylon coats. That's all but one can expect from Prada:-) And the hair is lovely hehe.

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 12th, 2004 - 4:49 pm

Colour combinations are just amazing and i love how the mood is NOT nostalgic,
i could wear everything from this line, its really adorable :blush: :heart:

Agree with you.

Prada was one of my favorite collections... I would wear anything from it!

PS. Can we start a post on the Jil Sander show :woot: loved all that stuff too

Originally posted by Christopher31@Jan 13th, 2004 - 1:40 am
PS. Can we start a post on the Jil Sander show :woot: loved all that stuff too
there is already a topic on Jil Sander Uomo fw04.05 :wink:

Like I said earlier, this is evolutionary... I've taken a closer look now: besides the fun cartoony stuff, what's really new? Not much, I'd say. The style, colours and cuts are very typically Prada. Basic, good stuff.

I sort of have to agree with chick here...

Still, I like it a lot! Just goes to show what styling can do for the first impression, I guess...

clever & fresh styling is THE backbone of all interesting collections, much more since two three seasons now :wink:

the cartoon robot is VERY non-prada style :blink: for a change

im not liking the rest of the collection either

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 12th, 2004 - 11:51 pm
clever & fresh styling is THE backbone of all interesting collections, much more since two three seasons now :wink:
When you say a few seasons back, you mean because of the slowdown in the luxury sector? They all want to create a buzz while still being commercial?

except for a few suit cuts :heart: i dont like the rest. or at least its nothing new IMO :unsure:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 12th, 2004 - 2:45 pm
I don't know how I feel about this. :unsure:

I think every few seasons Miuccia likes to do a paired-down collection like this, as if she's saying to the minimalist camp "hey, I'm still here!" Fall 2002 was just like today's collection--solid, wearable knits and coats, offbeat details, and basic colors.

I like Miuccia much more when she goes out on a limb with hues, decoration, cuts, etc.
I wanna see more pictures, but so far, I'm not liking this. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to this show.
i totaly agree with you.

Im nto shr how I feel about this collection, may be its just tehs tyleing , but it seems so not Prada in a way,for instance i would never expect prada to do open shrits in such a overstly sexual way :unsure:

I liekt he Pieces individualy, its all a bti simplistic though.

i like some of the sweters and I love the robot detail ( although its very Walter Van Beriendonck :rolleyes: )

But overall Iam a little shocked , but i havent really liekd any of teh emn's wear shows thus far.

...i knew it couldn't last...i had a renewed love affair with prada menswear with the the current fall season and the spring clothes trickling into stores now...but this i cannot get behind...prada doesn't do this well. now we all know that prada (given its size) will sell a lot of anything she puts out on the runway, but this just doesn't fit in with the prada i love...

at this point i am praying that gucci does not disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->