Pringle of Scotland F/W 07.08 : Denisa, Kasia & Irina by Steven Meisel

*Bianca*

Reaction score
06120730uj2.jpg

wwd
MEISEL DOES PRINGLE: There's a new snapper on the scene at Pringle, and it's none other than Steven Meisel. London-based Pringle had been using David Sims for two seasons, but creative director Clare Waight Keller wanted a change. "The collection is moving on, it's stronger and bigger, and we needed to capture the new mood. Steven's work has a very editorial feel, and we felt it was right," said Waight Keller. The black-and-white pictures for Pringle's fall ad campaign were shot on location in Los Angeles in a former billboard sign factory. "There's a real rawness to the space — and a crumbly exterior — and then there's luxurious, rich clothing," she said. Waight Keller plucked three fresh faces — Denisa, Kasia and Irina — from her fall runway show in Milan to feature in the ads. The campaign will break in the September issues of titles including Vogue, Harper's Bazaar and W magazine, sister publication to WWD. — Samantha Conti

Looks promising! Love the delicate choice of models and MIESEL! What's not to love...? :flower:

^Delicate is definitely the right word overall here! At first glance, it reminds me of Caroline Trentini's J. Mendel campaign from a few seasons back...but much less harsh and blatant.

omg when I saw this thread, I nearly have a heart attack! :lol:

I LOVE it so much...the casting of models is like the best EVER in an ad campaign! LOVE Irina Kulikova :heart:! Can't wait to see her in the Prada campaign! :wub:

The monochromacity is just dlish. I really feel the crumbly landscape/luxurious clothing thang mentioned by Waight-Keller.

Looks good so far. And I hope that Kasia will work with Meisel more.

wow better than i thought, all we need is a bigger pic now! :blush:
I love this though, its soo gorgeous and great casting! :heart:

from FW07 campaign thread:

Dramatic yet subtle at the same time; I look forward to seeing this in a larger size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->