Pringle of Scotland S/S 2009 : Pixie Geldof, Daisy Lowe & Lydia H. by Steven Meisel

MissMagAddict

Reaction score

PRINGLE’S NEW GUARD: Pringle of Scotland has tapped a troika of trans-Atlantic “It” girls to be the faces of the label’s spring campaign. Pixie Geldof, Daisy Lowe and Lydia Hearst all are featured in the campaign — shot by Steven Meisel in spare, black-and-white tones — alongside male models Ash Stymest and Gordie Walker. “We were looking at iconic faces…we wanted it to feel young, vibrant and very British,” said Clare Waight Keller, creative director of Pringle. “Pixie Geldof had been on our radar for a little while, and then we started looking at the friends she hangs around with....I liked the feeling of reality behind that, that it’s not just pulled together for an ad campaign.”

Fabien Baron at Baron & Baron worked with Waight Keller as artistic director for the campaign, which was styled by Karl Templer with hair by Guido Palau and makeup by Pat McGrath. Waight Keller said she wanted the campaign to have a “Sixties feel, in the way that Avedon and Bailey captured the spirit of the people of the time.” And in keeping with the group’s bohemian leanings, it turns out modeling is only a day job for Stymest — he also plays drums in a band called, appropriately, “The Mannequins.” The campaign will break in March issues of titles including Vogue, W, Interview and Harper’s Bazaar.

She doesn't look bad, but I would have liked to see someone with a stronger face in such a simple campaign.

I'm trying to decide which 'iconic face' annoys me most in this campaign, for the moment, that's Pixie.

She doesn't look too bad.. :innocent:
thanks for posting MissMagAddict

Her eyes look so dead. I don't get the "vibrant" vibe at all. I get a vibe of somebody bored with life.

She look bad, the styling is very baad and the photos are boring

That is Daisy right?Well she looks decent if not unimpressive.

i love that the word iconic is being used for everybody nowadays.....:sick::yuk:is it me or is tehre something wrong with her face ...it looks less full

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was another shot from Belstaff SS08 for a second...

this isn't the train wreck I imagined but I won't count my chickens before they hatch

Looks OK, boring but OK, and since she was the best (the least bad) part of the cast for me, I expect this to get worse...

There was no picture on WWD yesterday. Strange... :lol:

Yeah, I agree with CharlottefromCA; she looks like Sheila there. But I thought Pringle wants it to be 'young' and 'vibrant'? I don't think this picture conveys these :unsure:

Umm, this looks like a Mango ad with the Cruz sisters.

What annoys me most about this shot is Daisy doesn't look like this. She doesn't have cheekbones like that, and her face is completely different to this one here. If you're casting her in a campaign but change her face through Photoshop, why not just get a model's face you actually like without the use of this much Photoshop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->