Pringle Of Scotland Uomo S/s 05

Originally posted by Acid@Jul 6 2004, 01:07 PM
i saw an interview on FTV with christopher bailey and his inspiration was a day on a beach in scotland.
he said the clothes reflect the unpredictable weather :lol:
[snapback]306721[/snapback]​

I don't think Christopher Bailey designed this Pringle collection , it's another designer whose name escapes me . C Bailey designed the Burberry Prorsum collection , which is HIGHLY colourful , but not as ' outre ' as this .

The Scottish cashmere mills and knitwear firms AND the fabric mills make up for ALL major fashion centres , eg Paris , Milan , London , Tokyo , New York etc .
Most , if not all of CHANEL knitwear is made in Scotland , and designers fom Scotland are numerous , eg Bill Gibb , John Ray , and Scotland , especially Glasgow rivals London as a fashion retail centre . They were into the Japanese designers at ICHI NI SAN long before Manchester , Leeds , Birrmingham came on the scene . It may be a cause for a smirk now , but the only VERSACE store outside London is in Glasgow , along with ARMANI EMPORIO , FLANNELS ( CRUISE ) etc etc .

I'm not Scottish , but the Scots are not to be dismissed lightly . B)

KIT :innocent:

Thanks Kit - well said! I was never in Ichi ni san but its a shame it closed. I actually think Glasgow had its retail heyday in the 80's - there was much more excitement then & energy. There has been a lot of talk of Selfridges opening in Glasgow but nothing has ever happened. what do you think of Cruise/Corniche in edinburgh? I think there must be a market for something else....

Sorry this is slightly off topic (well the topic does have Scotland in the title).

Originally posted by helena@Jul 23 2004, 07:25 AM
Thanks Kit - well said! I was never in Ichi ni san but its a shame it closed. I actually think Glasgow had its retail heyday in the 80's - there was much more excitement then & energy. There has been a lot of talk of Selfridges opening in Glasgow but nothing has ever happened. what do you think of Cruise/Corniche in edinburgh? I think there must be a market for something else....

Sorry this is slightly off topic (well the topic does have Scotland in the title).
[snapback]314636[/snapback]​

Don't forget that Graeme Black , acolyte and favoured ' son ' of Giorgio Armani , and now designer for SALVATORE FERRAGAMO , is Scottish !!! :flower:

KIT :innocent:

thank you kit and helena for defending scotland's place in the fashion world :mohawk: still no excuses should be made for those pringle knickerbockers... :innocent: (btw I think edinburgh is a more fashion-conscious city than glasgow...imo...I think it is going to catch up or surpass glasgow really soon...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->