Proenza Schouler F/W 13.14 : Sasha Pivovarova by David Sims

They should just drop Peter Miles already if the best he can do is recycle tumblr art, I mean, galaxies and glitch...

The shot with Sasha is beautiful. The first shot is silly and pretentious. When you get Sasha to do your campaign, you've got to take full advantage of it. They ought to know better then mess with a sure thing.

proenzaschouler.com

6d89fa037be4a854bdb4396680b5d0cc.jpg

twitter/proenzaschouler

Last edited by a moderator:
This is beyond stunning :ninja: ... seriously, I can't even...
I need more.

Sasha is so hauntingly good, i'm not even looking at the wannabe artsy left side and the horribly cheap font.

I see nothing pretentious about this ad or Proenza Schouler - they make beautiful, well-designed, modern clothes. God, you flash a mild hint of a concept in fashion that isn't Galliano's Anne Boleyn meets Pocahontas and it's immediately deemed pretentious.

I agree CryingDiamonds, I don't understand the throwing about of the word pretentious in this instance. I think it's a beautiful artistic concept, the collection was quite minimal so perhaps they felt the need to spice it up a bit for the campaign. I think it was a smart decision, it would capture my attention if I was flipping through a magazine, and most importantly the clothes look exquisite.

IMO, it would be a beautiful artistic concept if it were used with restrain. Otherwise it becomes too literal, and comes across as an attempt at grandeur. It is a beautiful campaign regardless (especially if you cover one eye and block out the bird shots :wink:)...

Ugh this would have looked so much better and much less pretentious if they just put their logo in place of the random images.

I feel like I'm watching a David Lynch movie on the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->