Proenza Schouler Resort 2011

Looks pretty good and the bags are amazing
...maybe it's me but those resort collection does not make anything for me,I mean they're cute and all but...

NEW YORK, June 14, 2010

By Nicole Phelps

"Resort is about real clothes for our friends. Everybody went so far into fantasy that we lost the public. There's something about reality that feels fresh right now." That was Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough's introduction to a tremendous collection that, despite its exotic influences—it was inspired by a vacation the duo took to India—felt utterly urban and, yes, completely in tune with the way cool girls are dressing so far this summer.

There was a shirtdress dyed bandhani-style (it's a cousin to tie-dyeing) and accessorized with a colorful geode pendant necklace; a gauzy metallic-thread strapless wrap dress worn with a finely knit black long-sleeve T-shirt; and high-waisted bandhani shorts topped with a Baja jacket. Well, maybe we haven't seen anybody in a Baja jacket on the streets of New York yet, but it's a sure bet they're wearing them on the beach in Montauk. The best part for city girls who like to move on foot in summer (not to mention late fall, when these clothes actually arrive in stores:( The models wore flat peep-toe, lace-up, laser-cut leather sandals. No word on whether Hernandez and McCollough endorse wearing them with socks or tights, but we doubt their friends and fans will wait for next year's warm weather to try them.
Full Collection:

55i4g9.jpg
2cx9b7o.jpg

2wnzti8.jpg
au7al1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]style.com/[/FONT]

Total visual overload with the rich colors and textures.
Very inspired by skater/stoner culture and I definitely see the influence of India as well.
I hope their S/S 11 collection echoes this, I am loving this vibe.

i quite like it, especially the prints in the first few looks and the textures on the last few.

it makes me wish i had bought a baja jacket back when i was in mexico!

I swear, Lazaro & Jack are on a roll. The accessories and shoes are easily to die for and the clothes are just easily cool and styled perfectly.

give these boys a house already. they have completely proved all of their early critics wrong. these clothes have the maturity and the verve to match those from houses twice as old as theirs. what's so appealing about this resort collection specifically comes in how any customer could completely pick apart this collection -- for a sweater, perhaps, or a bag -- and add that proenza schouler kick to their existing ensemble or wardrobe. that's the mark of a strong designer piece and every single item here fits that bill.

Love the larger images!
I even see pieces, as a guy, I would wear.

The necklaces, the sweater in the third look, the hoodie in the fourth, the tie dye shirt and sheer patterned cardigan for layering.

Amazing and instantly recognizable as Proenza which many of larger brands cannot achieve today.

i'm really impressed with this collection..:woot: i am never drawn to their work and rarely pay attention to their collections but this is really beautiful. :heart: some of the little jackets look a bit too much like a younger chanel for me, but the rest is gorgeous.. it looks dries inspired in some parts which is probably what i like about it.. their use of prints and particularly the styling here is absolutely gorgeous..:crush: everything is so rich and textured and the bags are divine.. a beautiful touch, especially in the bold colours.

this look is amazing...i want it..though i rarely wear colour...:P
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0800010020041Z2767094751091331

^that is my absolute favorite look of the whole collection. i want it NOW. :crush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->