Proenza Schouler S/S 2021 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Nov 11, 2020.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

at this point I wouldn’t mind if they decide to re-create their 2011/2012 collections. Proenza Schouler was cooler and more relevant than this sad and uninspired lookbook of nothing.

3. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

Their relationship with Celine and Bottega Veneta has been extremely toxic at this point. They had been trying to make something inspired by power dressing in their last collections (with mixed results) but this one is just too unoriginal. What bothers me the most is the fit of the blue suit on Binx. It is so weird in a bad way.

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It’s embarrassing...Even more when they are using one of Phoebe’s muse: Binx.
    Maybe they should look at their archives. It’s time for them to get back some sort of identity.

ecnerretneerg and kasper! like this.
  5. FashionFanatico

FashionFanatico Active Member

uggh - those flat shoes are vile.

6. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Phoebe Schouler...

Frida, Nomar, Krystalblue006 and 4 others like this.
  7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

It's the quiet ones you have to watch. These two are not stupid. They're well aware that Hedi cut the supply of Philophiles, making it easy for PS (not Paul Smith!!) to tap into that market. Anyway, I can't get myself to hate on power gays and we are in the midst of a pandemic so I guess it's what they have to do to guarantee sales.

I do like everything worn by Binx.

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  8. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

^^ Power gays :lol:

Dunno. Not much to say about this collection, they're definitely stuck. The two-tone shirt on Saskia is lovely though, especially the DTM buttons.

Maybe it's time to throw out every mood board and start over.

Benn98 likes this.
  9. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

Fixed.

10. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

I don't think Philophiles would be interested in Proenza Schouler stuff since Bottega Veneta has been producing carbon copies of Celine pieces (and it seems BV is trying to reactivate the old Celine design team). What's more, there are brands such as Jil Sander or The Row that seem to be more genuine and more consistent in terms of aesthetics. Proenza Schouler as a brand is completely hollow when it comes to mimicking the old Celine. The guys usually copy some looks without any understanding of the pieces. Another problem is that their vibe has been constantly changingdue to them being just followers. In six years they went from Ghesquiere's Balenciaga through Celine to Bottega Veneta and power dressing just because all those aesthetics were trendy. Is it profitable? In a long term, I don't think so. It's hard to create loyal client base in environment like that, especially now with market oversaturated with old-Celine-wannabes.

11. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

LMAO its a blatant Celine copy, 12-13 years ago they were a very innovative and happening brand now it's just pure desperation. The clothes are nice but , BV , the Row and Victoria Beckham do this aesthetic better.

12. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Proenza Schouler is like Victoria Beckham or The Row for me regarding the « legacy of Phoebe’s aesthetic ».
    There are so many brands I would rather go for it before this three...
    Bottega Veneta has the status symbol attached to it name, Jil Sander has the legitimacy when we hear the word « minimalist » and even before all of that, you have Joseph that beats them all just in terms of Price Point.

What does PS has seriously to offer now? A « cool » status from 13 years ago?

13. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

This is way too Daniel's Bottega Veneta for me. It makes no sense what became of Proenza Schouler.

14. Cute

Cute Well-Known Member

They talk about their new collection in this live chat.

jeanclaude likes this.
  15. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

54 minutes interview which could be condensed in just one sentence:

-"Yeah, we copied from Phoebe again!...Deal with it!"

ecnerretneerg, rick9plus and Cory333 like this.
  16. Cory333

Cory333 Member

Came here to say this collection was less original than a random Zara lookbook but you guys beat me to it.

RedSmokeRise and jeanclaude like this.
  17. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

YEP! COPY THAT!
    lol

Cory333 likes this.
  18. ecnerretneerg

ecnerretneerg Member

I feel that Proenza, as well as Jil Sander, are just putting out old Celine pre-fall/resort collections. Its sad because 10 years ago the PS team really put in a lot of effort to be innovative and experimental. Although they’ve never defined a “look,” they did have to their advantage

19. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

I didn't even know they were still in business.

Proenza was never going to happen. They never cut a look and were always just filler like every other NY brand (Doo Ri?)

It's Anna's personal closet that's why she doesn't let them go out of business. She is gonna be wearing all this frumpy sh*t with her nude manolos

dior_couture1245 and jeanclaude like this.
  20. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

Tim Blanks is like "wow I went from interviewing Karl Lagerfeld at Paris Couture to these guys on Skype"