Proenza Schouler S/S 2024 : Pamela Anderson by Davit Giorgadze

She looks... sick? This is terrible IMO.

Doesn't make me want to buy anything from PS let alone want to stare at Pamela's pale face for too long.

Hmm. The rest of the campaign looks way better. I saw IG posts of Pam looking gorgeous for these PS ads.

Pamela was plastic fantastic at a time when today's filler-faced kids weren't even on their parents' to-do list. I suppose the twist is that someone famous for their artificiality is now in a chapter of life where being 'natural' gets them attention.

I'm sure she looks wonderful in real life, but the lighting here makes her looks so sickly.

They are such followers…
They would have never had her if the Parisian fashion scene hasn’t embraced her and deemed her as cool.

It does not feel genuine and it seems quite off brand.

But I guess they will have their viral moment.

Very cringe. I can just imagine these two wannabes looking at this and saying "We served" LOL. These guys wanna be 'interesting' so bad, but it's all just tired gay rubbish that screams "Take us seriously!!!1!"

I also hate this idea that high fashion is where overexposed mainstream celebrities can go when they wanna convince the public that they're "serious" and "creative", when in reality high fashion itself is just as commercial and frivolous.

I actually think this is beneath Pam. She could've just kept working on her camp value like what she had with Vivienne Westwood.

Makeup free is good but the lighting makes her look lifeless. That said she does actually photograph well, with the right lighting this would have been a good campaign or with a dash of bright red lipstick and nothing else on the face.

she looks terrible in these pictures. i believe you can still look great without makeup, just under a different direction. still i'm happy for her getting some attention. now she needs a role in a tv show or something because i want her to make a proper comeback!

i believe you can still look great without makeup, just under a different direction.
True for most but I really think shaving off your eyebrows as it was common in the 90s and early 00s is always a point of no return.. once you stop having baby features, it's game over. If they don't grow back, you're destined to look washed up and like your only constant in life has been crime (meth, jail, you name it). If she really is wearing no makeup, she looks great if you scroll down just where the eyelids start, but if I were her, I'd do what most women in the same predicament have done: get hair implants. That will change her entire no makeup game and she'll look less like Charlize Theron in Monster, which is the least empowering look I can think of.

@GoldenPetals said it all. Campy, unapologetic, Westwood Pamela was fantastic. This clean, serious, influencer stuff..? WHY!. She's not a basic influencer who sells you a highly curated, flawless lifestyle, she's so much better than that, and has always exuded life (love, fun spontaneity, spontaneity with bad repercussions, sensuality, sexuality, exuberance, bit of tragedy, strong political beliefs, strength to navigate a society that loves to stigmatize & shame). I'm glad she's taking opportunities that come her way and that are probably paying well but Proenza Schouler 🥴.. it does feel beneath her.

With makeup which Pamela always wore, she could still be a knockout. Unfortunately, she looks terrible in all the photographs of this ad campaign.

^^^ Looking terrible is the point LOL ...Empowerment and all that...

She looks like Charlize’s Aileen Wuornos-- and Mullet's and my BFF... Amy Schumer...

These sorts of desperate styling to illicit a hot second viral on socials is so cringe. But I’ve always maintained that these two’s annoying branding is what drags them down more than their Phoebe’s Celine wannabe fashions.

I remember when Pamela became this patron saint of Canadian fashion back in the early-2010s, and a rag I was working for wanted her for the cover (but our boss couldn’t tell the difference between her and Madonna and kept saying he’s getting Madonna for the cover— as if she Madonna would ever agree to a Canadian cover LMFAO). Good for Pamela for somehow maintaining her relevance in fashion because— she never came across particularly intriguing, extraordinarily stylish nor exceptionally radiant even when she was camping it up with M.A.C. and did all the typical fashion circuits back in the 2010s. Makes sense for her to do an Aileen Wuornos/Amy Schumer in 2024 tho. Eh.

Who pumps koney into Proenza?!? What a heap of sh**!
Zara should hire them actually. They copy things from every other designer.
Heres a good idea for you Zara!!!

They are such followers…
They would have never had her if the Parisian fashion scene hasn’t embraced her and deemed her as cool.

It does not feel genuine and it seems quite off brand.

But I guess they will have their viral moment.
Not quite - she actually sat at Proenza SS24 front row before Paris ever happened, haha.

I get that whole no make-up thing of hers, it's wonderful but they've made her look part Jocelyn Wildenstein and part burn victim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->