Pulling Fashion Strings - WSJ Anna Wintour Interview

Discussion in 'Behind the Lens' started by Astrid21, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

2. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

Did she pay for the article too? seriously. :yuk:

3. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

I thought she sounded very gracious. B)

4. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

pfff. I'm not a fan of Wintour nor this article. It appears to be rather one-sided IMO.

5. Serena

Serena New Member

i think that was an interesting interview of Anna Wintour. Too bad they did not ask what she thought of "Devil Wears Prada" :lol:
    i also think she over-estimates a bit the influence & power of US Vogue. with Internet, different TV shows like SATC or Style Network, European mags sold everywhere, and people travelling all over the world now more than ever, it's a different ball game these days than 10 or 15 years ago.

Thank you for sharing this piece, Astrid :flower:

6. estevairevana

estevairevana New Member

That was really something. Well, I admire her to taking the reins of the tradition which is Vogue US. She is not that unemotional about fashion, however. There very well may have to be someone that charismatic at the helm of an American institution like Vogue.

7. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

hmmmmmmm, interesting exuse. ive sat 2 rows behind 1 seat over from Wintour at a few fashion shows and noticed the shades..but i aslo notised, just like ALT, her eyes were shut, but then again i do not blame her it was tommy hilfigger, i wanted to nap myself. ALT does the same. does us vogue advertise vigorelle??? just wondering.

8. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

im shr :rolleyes:

9. TheSweetest

TheSweetest New Member

thanx for the article. i like reading about people and she didn't seem to make a rear end of herself so that was nice. today is june 9th and and 3 am this morning i just finished read The Devil Wears Prada. i like it and it was kind of funny and a bit sad.

10. StyleIsInUs

StyleIsInUs New Member

I'm scared she won't get older and she won't retrie :cry: I know it's funny, but now she's 55 and nothing. Editor of Harper's died at 51 :)( )and I hope she won't be an editor of Vogue forever :yuk: :cry:

11. manuels

manuels New Member

Hilarious interview !
    She's so funny and ridiculous at the same time !
    I hope Meryl Streep will do a great performance of "La Wintour" in the filming of
    "The devil wears Prada".

Looking forward to this !

12. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

I thought it was an alright article. I've always admired Teri Agins to be perceptive and not biased with any of her work so I'm inclined to think it's not too one sided - other than being an interview which cannot be helped.

13. fullfrontal

fullfrontal Member

I could help but think of the book, The Devil Wears Prada and the insane laundry list when I read this line. :lol:

14. shop_gal567

shop_gal567 New Member

Personally i think its unfortunate for one woman to have control over the whole fashion industry, it seems that what ever anna wants anna gets, and i end up wearing it.

15. DaraKaye

DaraKaye New Member

I totally see where you are coming from, but it is not neccesarily true. When anna revamped vogue everyone hated her for climbing to the top and making fashion more accesible to everyday women, so if it werent for her, i dont think many people on this board would even have access to designers that they could afford. It wasnt untill her designers were making more moderatly priced clothing, because that was what Anna wanted in Vogue. :innocent:

16. impossibleprincess

impossibleprincess kabhi alvida

that interview changed my perception of her a little.

17. Fabulyss

Fabulyss New Member

Someone needs to fill me in. Why is she so abhorred? I haven't read the Devil Wears Prada and refuse to waste my time reading books of the sort. But I am curious why everyone hates her. She seemed decent enough in the above interview (thanks for posting by the way! :flower: )

18. DaraKaye

DaraKaye New Member

Let me see...well i read the devil wears prada, but that wasnt supposed to be about "anna wintour"- but it definatley was. I also read her Biography and know a little about Conde Nast and basicaly she just is really nasty to people, will fire people for being fat or ugly. Demands the people that work for her to be thin and dress a certain way. I would reccomend reading her biograpgy it is very interesting,e ven if it is trash.

19. jackieonassis

jackieonassis New Member

Charming artcile! Theres not many things about her on the web- so i was glad to finally read something. She rocks!

20. DaraKaye

DaraKaye New Member

TheSuperficial OCT 11

"Anna Wintour, editor in chief of Vogue magazine, was hit with a tofu pie by PETA demonstrators as she left the Chloe ready-to-wear fashion show in Paris on Saturday. The attack - the second of its kind on Wintour in the past year - was in response to Vogue's support of the fur industry and, if you ask me, totally counter-productive. The only nourishment and nutrition people like Anna Wintour get is from food that's forcibly thrown at them. If you would stop throwing pies at her bi-annually, she'd eventually just turn to dust and you could start to focus all your attention on J.Lo. Except I hear she can store water in her ass and survive off it for years at a time, so she may be tougher hide to skin. No offense."