Queen Elizabeth on Vogue's Fashion Top 50 list

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
November 7, 2007.

Fashion bible Vogue has announced their list of the world’s most glamorous women, and one lady had a rather unexpected position in the poll – Queen Elizabeth.

The reigning monarch of England joined other celebrities in the list such as Claudia Schiffer, Kate Moss, Sophie Dahl, Naomi Campbell, and actress Helen Mirren who played her in last year’s hit film The Queen.

Vogue cited Queen Elizabeth to be "as glamorous in her brogues and headscarf at (her country estate) Balmoral as she is wearing the crown jewels."

The magazine also declared that glamour is "about how you wear something, not about what you wear. You cannot buy glamour and you can't fake it."
A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace told Reutuers: "It's a great compliment. She has a very practical approach to fashion and a great sense of occasion."

entertainmentwise.com

And can you believe that Posh as left off of the list this year?
:innocent:

I think she dresses beautifully. It's not exactly daring fashion, but it always compliments her, and she has great taste in hats too.

yes, she looks always stylish, she deserves to be on this list!

Well ... she does have style ... tho I prefer the FIRST one ... that pale face thingie was 100% trendsetter

well... pearls never go out of style... but everything else has :innocent:

Yes because I can really see Queen Elizabeth decked out in Proenza Schouler.

Pfff...should have been Queen Bess I not II I reckon.:angry:..her apparel and the conviction with which she wore it was and still is unsurpassed in the royal realm...

^ Um, well, Elizabeth the first is dead and thus hasn't been an example of modern dressing for a while -it's a list about 50 most glamourous living women, not of style icons of all time. I think the Queen deserved her place, she always looks well-turned out an absolutely appropriate. Her clothes now are a little dull, but she's an old woman now, so it makes sense for her to be more conservative. When she was younger she had some fabulous clothes...

^ Um, well, Elizabeth the first is dead and thus hasn't been an example of modern dressing for a while -it's a list about 50 most glamourous living women, not of style icons of all time. I think the Queen deserved her place, she always looks well-turned out an absolutely appropriate. Her clothes now are a little dull, but she's an old woman now, so it makes sense for her to be more conservative. When she was younger she had some fabulous clothes...
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware it was solely for the living...since it wasn't mentioned in the thread title.

i always have thort the queen was extreamally chic and sophisticated she always look imaculate and has some pritty hats etc. she dresses very modestly but always has style about her

I agree with this. Just think how many dresses this woman has worn through her long life. Thousands! We should all be so lucky. She's always looks glamorous!

The Queen, any time she appears in public, is doing a job, which is representing the country - and as such, she's consistently been a well-dressed representative since 1952. The Queen honours tradition, a way of dressing which is on a level far removed from the regurgitated trends seen in magazines.

As for her off-duty wear, I reckon an 81-year-old woman is entitled to wear whatever she likes when walking her dogs.

The Queen, any time she appears in public, is doing a job, which is representing the country - and as such, she's consistently been a well-dressed representative since 1952. The Queen honours tradition, a way of dressing which is on a level far removed from the regurgitated trends seen in magazines.

As for her off-duty wear, I reckon an 81-year-old woman is entitled to wear whatever she likes when walking her dogs.
Exactly. She has her own particular kind of glamour - she has that wonderful dignity and elegance which is so rare in people in the public eye now days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->