Questionable Designer Accessories #1 - Why Did They Decide to Put Their Logo on This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a pair of Chloe sunglasses for babies today on the Bergdorf site, I just thought it was odd lol

De-GRISOGONO-Water_BBCB509D-FiT-grey.jpg

de Grisogono THiNK FiT pack including silver plated skipping rope and silver plated 1KG and 2KG weights with a bottle of de Grisogono water.

thisnext.com

My boyfriend's friend made these as an art piece and left them outside the Chanel store. They did not last very long.....
Not exactly a "designer accessory"- but I still felt ok posting them here!
Hi dear. These are cool photos, I like the idea...I wonder what people thought when walking by. And what was stuffed in the trash bags? B)

Do you find the PRADA Bicycle pointless... I DO!

This thread is hilarious. Seriously what are the designers thinking when the stick a logo on some random items.

No one knows where to find these, but everyone wants a pair. We’re talking about the Louis Vuitton VIP Chopsticks Set that go for a cool $450–and make your eel sushi taste that much more chic. Each set comes in a Monogram Plexi-glass and includes four sticks. To our knowledge, these are not sold in stores just yet…though Russian billionaires always have a way of getting their hands on indulgences such as these.

30sg1p0.png

blogs.fashionweekdaily.com

blogs.fashionweekdaily.com

2u71vs4.png

Fire extinguishers? :blink: I didn't know safety was also a part of the fashion race.

Margiela limited-edition mahjong set, given away free to big spenders at MMM's Hong Kong store...

hypebeast.com

This thread is really funny :lol: I want those Lanvin pencils!
The trashbags are kind of taking it far :rofl: I know the Chanel ones were a project and weren't actually sold but branding trash bags is sort of overboard. I wouldn't want to pay $500 for a trashbag :ninja:

I must say, I've seen the Versace dinnerwear and ashtrays up close and they are gorgeous! My mum would love those. And the Versace plane! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think dinner-wear and home accessories are 'pointless accessories' for luxury design firms. They do sell a lifestyle, especially brands like Armani Casa and Versace Home earn ridiculous amounts of money alone, just as interior design labels.

I would kill to own some Bottega home accessories for instance. All those pillows, office goods, frames, even trash cans and box-paper tissue dispensers are stunning.

^ Exactly, interior design sells well. I love Versace Home and Fendi Casa are my faves :D

Not sure if it's been posted but, anyone want to enjoy their artery-clogging meal in style? :rofl:
157cf3c.jpg

eatmedaily.com

I don't think it's really out there for production, but I found it funny :lol:

HAHAHA! ^ I'D EAT TONS OF THOSE CHANEL BIGMACS TILL I EXPLOTE.
bigmac is my fav from the macdonalds menu :smile:

OMG, I thought I'd seen it all, but that sushi set and fast food containers are pretty darn weird!

chanel_concept_fiole.jpg

fashionbombdaily.com

chanel_concept_fiole03-500x331.jpg

sassybella.com

Forget the designer bicycles, who needs 2 designer wheels when you could one day get four? Jinyoung Jo, a car designer in South Korea created a Chanel concept car and called it Fiole (French for vial).

Like all things luxurious and fashionable, the Chanel Fiole is not made for function and practicality; instead it is style and prestige that are the main features in this car with a crystal encrusted double-C logo at the front and on the rims of the wheels.

text from an article on sassybella.com.

There are more images and a video on the articles page....
http://www.sassybella.com/2009/05/chanel-fiole-concept-car-wheels/

Not completely useless, I'm sure it moves forward, backwards and turns, but imagine the panic an owner would endure after a dent or scratch. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->