Rainboots

littlerats

Reaction score
I did an interview today about rainboots and if it's a trend, details about it, etc.

Just wanted to see what people thought about them, if they're a trend, not, if you love it, hate it, etc

Rainboots are NOT a fad if you ask me. I walk 4 blocks to my office and when it rains I ALWAYS donmy Polo rainboots (Mine are fuchsia). They have saved many pairs of expensive shoes. I personally wear them with skirts and dresses mostly, but occasionally with slacks. I of course change into heels at the office.

Here are some suggestions.
1) Polo - about $69
2) Target - $25
3) Marc by Marc Jacobs - About $100

^ yeah, i just shared insight about the ones available and why people might be into wearing them, that sort of thing. for me personally, i don't wear mine unless it is raining, which then they're great!

i've got a pair of multi-colored striped ones that i got second hand and i wear them whenever it rains, wich is quite often :P here's some more rainboots that are out there:

UGH, they've got all the knock off Pucci rainboots around here; f^cking knockoffs!! :angry:

i'm so glad i didn't spend $125 on a pair myself, now that every girl and her dog is going to have a pair of cheap $15 ones....

As you know I personally chose the polo rainboots (fuchsia) and I love them, but...I have recently seen a LOT of other very colorful rainboots (I may have to get yet ANOTHER pair....they are so much fun to wear!) SO...thanks for some of the suggestions other have made...but....here are a few more. (Saw them at Zappos)

so i was walking through Manhattan
and i saw this girl wearing her blue jeans tucked into a pair of really nice looking green color rain boots and i thought man i want a pair:lol:

she was on the other side of the street so didn't ask her
what brand they were but yeah it's raining right now
and i think a nice pair of rainboots would come in handy right about now.

so i was walking through Manhattan
and i saw this girl wearing her blue jeans tucked into a pair of really nice looking green color rain boots and i thought man i want a pair:lol:

she was on the other side of the street so didn't ask her
what brand they were but yeah it's raining right now
and i think a nice pair of rainboots would come in handy right about now.

They might have been the Hunter Wellingtons? I see girls wearing them with tights or tucked in pants all the time around New York. They are simple and sturdy, but pricey.

6220-461092-p.jpg

(zappos.com)

were you the pretty girl i saw :blush:

thanks, they look like them.
of course i was a good distance away
so i couldn't surely tell
but they look about right,
not to glossy like other rain boots

gracias. :flower:

Is that what they call them in America, 'Rainboots'. I suppose that makes more sense than wellies, but still i was excepting some weird rainbow coloured boots :doh::lol:
But they're not really comfortable to wear, at all :ninja:

I just wear my rainboots when it rains, I have the burberry rainboots, but like I said I only wear them when it rains and if it's light I just us an umbrella! But I have a dilemma I just bought a beautiful umbrella I found in the corner of a antique shop it's blue with a damask pattern but they clash with my boots! So when it rains it will be hard for me to decide!

Is it true that wellies or rain boots are slippery?

Rain boots are more like childish chic. I think they're dumb to wear when it isn't raining (maybe because of my "function" over "fashion" thinking at times). From a fashion perspective, however, this is a chance to wear boots with a very low, almost flat, heel. Even then, I'd ask how come you don't go for a pair of riding boots or something. I am an artist myself, so I can appreciate the more creative colors with rain boots.

It's tough to call anything a trend when you don't see it often. That's why (for example) I couldn't comment on bubble skirts until I had seen some. I slowly begun to like them since. The worst example of rain boots to me was that one girl I've seen at a restaurant tuck them into her black pants on a day that wasn't even raining that day. All the rain moved out, yet she tucked them in like the Houston area was hit by the second coming of Tropical Storm Allison.

Because of my "fashion over function" mindset with some looks and styles, I have that "I don't get it" mentality regarding rain boots as fashion. I do like those emerald green boots in Post #11. However, I don't see myself getting any if I were a femme.

I don't really think rainboots are attractive. I bought mine to wear when it rains, and I think they're cute for rainboots, but I'd never wear them purely for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->