Red-action F/W 10.11

MulletProof

Reaction score
I've been noticing that in the midst of all the creams and neutrals and navies, designers in Paris have been throwing paintbrushes of bright red in their collections, usually in no more than 4 looks, often in outwear, sometimes in accesories only but always limited enough so it stay as this bold, humorous contrast with the rest of the show.
I usually like a darker, bloody shade of red but that bright, orange-y red seems like a fun thing to try sometime. ^_^

Lanvin

315bdz6.jpg

[style.com]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ann Demeulemeester

00170m.jpg
00190m.jpg

00210m.jpg
00310m.jpg

Hussein Chalayan

00210m.jpg
00230m.jpg

[style.com]

Karl Lagerfeld (detailing only)
00230m.jpg
00220m.jpg

Alexander Wang

00340m.jpg
00250m.jpg

[style.com]

wow...i think ann and a.f. vandevorst(which they are quite known for anyway) executed the red probably better than anybody i've seen this season. it doesn't look like a mere colour with them....more like a life.

One of my favorite colors is red, so I'm quite pleased that this will be quite the rage soon.

Last year they did my favorite color purple, so they are going in a good direction.

I'd love to see some more jewel tones next time.

good spotting mullet! :woot:

i kind of love how saturated everything looks... and i love the variety of reds that we've seen this season

i think these very bright pops are definitely what's different this season though...
and often shown with black as you've exemplified with the above images...

i'm a fan ^_^

and i think i prefer it with the more neutral makeup...
who needs a bright red lip when you're already wearing a bright pop of red?
(though i did a red lip with a red dress for an event i went to last week :rolleyes:)

scott, vandervorst's version is my favorite too, maybe because it almost hurts to look at it. :lol::heart:

More splashes of red today.. one look only at Chanel.
00180m.jpg

Valentino

00230m.jpg
00240m.jpg

00250m.jpg
00380m.jpg

[style.com]

vandervorst's looks do make the eyes ache a little bit... but maybe in an almost good way :P
i like those too ^_^

some of these reds are so bright i feel like i might have to change the contrast on my screen!

i'm still liking it though

red and light blue are back, and i love it!:heart:

Talbot Runhof

TalbotRunhof6.jpg
TalbotRunhof5.jpg

TalbotRunhof4.jpg
TalbotRunhof3.jpg

TalbotRunhof2.jpg
TalbotRunhof.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
AF Vandevorst did the best red this season. They are like a miracle to this planet, I dont know where Id turn to if it wasnt for them.
It's like it's not just red, but a completely different world on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"