Renting Jewellry

Missoni~Heiress

Seductress in Eden
Reaction score
FROM COSMO:

"Rent-a-jewel
British women, whose taste in jewellery exceeds their salary, now have an opportunity to wear their dream jewels for a day. A jeweller on London's posh Bond Street now offers a rental service, allowing customers to hire jewellery for one per cent of their value for a day. Considering $300 would get you a $30,000 necklace, we reckon it sounds like a pretty good deal. "

:blush: Keeping this in mind... what jewellry stores do rent around the world and has anyone done this before... :wink:

I actually think that is a good idea if you are going to a big event and want to dress up that extra bit, why not? but at the same time, at a certain point it gets where you might as well pay 500 to rent jewelry when you can buy something for that amount?

i think that money could be better spent...

you know what they say...you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear...

:rolleyes: You've got to be kidding me? My friend and I were actually talking about this new trend. It actually confuses me. I would rather pay for my own jewerly. How does it make you feel renting jewelry? Special? Well wouldn't that specialness leave the minute you took off the necklace/braclet/ring and brought it to the rental place?

I'd rather pay for my stuff and own it. I wouldn't have to worry about actually breaking it or whatever... :rolleyes:

This is nothing new. Harry Winston and Birks has been doing it for ages for their regular customers.

My mother does it, not because she cannot afford the jewelry but because she likes the variety and it allows her to wear new necklaces, braceletes and rings every time she has a special occasion.

If it is a really big event they lend it to her for free and only ask her to advertise where she got it from when people ask.

I've done it a few times myself, because I cannot afford my taste in jewelry :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->