Celine Menswear S/S 2025 Norfolk

I don't think it‘s under debate by anyone who is supremely beautiful over whom, you‘re reading too much into it.

More so, it baffles me that the choice of Hedi‘s models is still a topic for a heated controversy a good 20 years when he never presented his models in a vulnerable, sexualized place before. Compared to that, we have photographers like Bruce Weber or Mario Testino who managed to get away after numerous accuses of male models who were sexually harassed during shoots.

As I was mentioning before, I think people are enforcing double standards here, as nobody questions the widely common body and age standards for female runway models where putting a tall and skinny teenage girl in a sexy dress has for decades been an acceptable standard. We know why it happens and as a designer, I would also choose to present my designs on fashion models with an otherworldly quality, rather than on the kind of commercial male and female models we commonly find relatable, attractive and desirable.

You're wrong. Someone actually called those models classicly beautiful. I was responding to that.

Testino and Weber should suffer the consequences of their actions but Heidi should not get a free pass either. He's setting a weird culture.

I said more middle age women should be more featured in fashion so I don't think I can be accused of double standards here. Michelle Obama is 60 and looks healthy so I find her to be a better beauty standard than your average female model. Christy Turlington also comes to mind.

What I've often seen called otherworldly beauty is skinny young white girls so it goes back to the same issue.

You're wrong. Someone actually called those models classicly beautiful. I was responding to that.

Testino and Weber should suffer the consequences of their actions but Heidi should not get a free pass either. He's setting a weird culture.

I said more middle age women should be more featured in fashion so I don't think I can be accused of double standards here. Michelle Obama is 60 and looks healthy so I find her to be a better beauty standard than your average female model. Christy Turlington also comes to mind.

What I've often seen called otherworldly beauty is skinny young white girls so it goes back to the same issue.

I would understand your sentiments were we to find ourselves in the mid-90ies where Heroin-Chic was all the rage and young girls aspired to be bone-y skinny as some models were back then. That‘s not to downplay the negative impact of unhealthy body imagery, but since the arrival of social media influencers, I can‘t help but think that the Kardashian‘s hyper-altered faces and curves as well as the anabolica-pumped muscles of gay thirst traps are more of the same, only in a different flavor these times are calling for. I don‘t think they set a very healthy exemplar, either.

That being said, I would like to ask you to pull through with the accuses you‘re having with casting teenage models in Hedi Slimane‘s shows, or for that matter, similar ones in the shows of other menswear designers who also produce 'men's fashion' and not classical menswear by the standards of Pitti Uomo or GQ magazine.

I will yet have to find the boys who starved themselves to fit into designs by Hedi Slimane. From where I come from, it‘s not uncommon to find men who fit the cut of his menswear, or boys who happen to have the same proportions as his models.

I talk about women, Michelle Obama and Christy Turlington. You bring up Kim Kardashian. I talk about men, you bring up GQ, Pitti Uomo and muscle gays who take steroids and post thirst trap on the internet. That says more about you than about me.

I never said Céline's models were teenagers or that men can't fit in his clothes. I think most men don't buy Céline and don't know who Hedi Slimane is. They don't care.

…And yet you found yourself in the need to criticize the fetishization of youth in this very thread, bringing up Michelle Obama and Christy Turlington where the subject is menswear, or specifically high fashion for men, as you rightfully pointed out that the average man doesn’t even follow the runway shows of designers like Hedi Slimane, but might look at GQ for sartorial style inspiration.

You do hopefully realize your argumentation is a bit difficult to follow given this very context, don‘t you?

I guess they don't care but maybe they shoud, especially the fathers of these guys.

Céline is marketed towards people like me. This obsession with the youth is not only restricted to men in the brand, it's also applied to the women, who are my friend's age.

And you're just defending it. 'But there's worse, but it's the same for women, but I would do the same, but the other option is no better, but they're not minors, but it doesn't affect men, but but but but but'

You're dying to get a free pass. I'm not gonna validate you.

Hedi is the boss thats why everyone hyper focuses on him... If Hedi was a nobody who wasn't influential people wouldn't be gunning for him. Hedi is obviously acutely aware of this...

One of his best collection in ages need to be tarnished, it needs to be imperfect somehow. We must find something!!

Anyway, this is what they used to do to Karl so you know Hedi is big.

Honestly the casual homophobia here is exhausting. This is purely because Hedi is a man and is gay. You have never posted crying about 14 year old Naomi walking.

Michelle Obama? lol... omg this is so detached from reality.

Last edited:
More so, it baffles me that the choice of Hedi‘s models is still a topic for a heated controversy a good 20 years when he never presented his models in a vulnerable, sexualized place before.
I largely agree with you, but I don't see the "characters" in this recent video as sexualized. At least not in the sense of being presented as lust objects for the viewer. They're going through their sexual awakenings but, to my eye, their vulnerability is shown in a way that strongly emphasizes their humanity and their subjective experiences. They are presented for the viewer to relate to or empathize with them, not for the viewer to leer at them.

In Hedi's men's shows and campaigns the clothing often feels like armor for the emotionally vulnerable characters walking the runway. Especially in the videos that are arguably more sexually charged, like Delusional Daydream. The characters give off "Yeah, I'm hot, but I'm also untouchable. You can't hurt me."

That's missing in The Bright Young. Here the characters are hesitantly accepting the risks of emotional intimacy. That, I think, is what makes this video feel like such a drastic departure from recent videos. The clothing itself is new territory for Hedi, but it's a logical new corner of menswear for Hedi to explore.

All that said, I did find myself thinking "this would look great on a 40 year old, too" when I first watched the video.

Next step for Hedi in his pursuit of younger and younger cast will be:

4384sperm_image.jpg

celine.jpg

brandemia.org
biotech-spain.com

maybe he is targetting adults who thinks his clothes will miraculously make them look as youthful as the models when they wear them.

maybe he is targeting adults who thinks his clothes will miraculously make them look as youthful as the models when they wear them.
:-) is it not the whole foundation of fashion build on this and beauty business, to present a ideal or architype to emulate or get a slice of the pie from by being associated with the brand by using and wearing it etc youth, wealth, culture, intelect, political, social, mentality, directly and indirectly signaling something.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Foxycakes
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->