Revillon By Rick Owens

I wasn't speaking about this collection more about his work in general, mean he is in the same league as Helmut Lang. Hope this sounds better to you Humble Balmy Gore :wink:.
Yes people who wear his clothes all say they are so confortable. You are right what looks simple is often very complex technically. :flower:

You mean he is in the avant garde league?

Helmut is more in teh minimalist/utilitarian league, Rick owens fits more with CDG, Demeulemeester, Yamamoto type of moder chic avant garde

cedriceccentric,
I understand.I wasn't being defensive.
I agree/disagree with you miu.CDG & Yohji are in the some what same genre,However their pieces have a tendency to not be all that flattering when worn.Owens clothes remember the body and accentuate it.They are very sexy and avant guarde at the same time.That is rare and what makes his following so strong.You dont have to comprimise your sex appeal to have an edge and he proves that.I can tell you from experiance that I get more compliments when wearing his clothes more than any other designers.Not to mention the amount attention from men and women wanting to f*ck.Maybe its just me but his clothes are magical when you wear them.Its like you could really care less but you look amazing.Its totally my style.Its special without people looking at you like your insane.

I don't see any Helmut Lang references in Rick Owens. :blink: I think they are two totally different types of designers. Helmut evolves his designs while Rick Owens dwells on a certain skin and does variations of it. Not to say Rick isn't a talented designer, but I think he has a lot of growing to do. It will take years for him to be up there w/Helmut. B)

Originally posted by Astrid21@Jul 14th, 2003 - 4:48 pm
I don't see any Helmut Lang references in Rick Owens. :blink: I think they are two totally different types of designers. Helmut evolves his designs while Rick Owens dwells on a certain skin and does variations of it.
I think both rick owens and helmut have signiture styles taht they evolve and redesign, rick ahs signature items that are his trade mark, but helmut has a very strong signiture style taht he dos not go out of.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jul 14th, 2003 - 5:25 pm
rick ahs signature items that are his trade mark, but helmut has a very strong signiture style taht he dos not go out of.
Isn't that what I just said? :huh: :lol:

Originally posted by Astrid21+Jul 14th, 2003 - 5:44 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Jul 14th, 2003 - 5:44 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Jul 14th, 2003 - 5:25 pm
rick ahs signature items that are his trade mark, but helmut has a very strong signiture style taht he dos not go out of.
Isn't that what I just said? :huh: :lol: [/b][/quote]
i guess so :lol: but what I mean is they both to variations of tehre designs/styles

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jul 14th, 2003 - 6:05 pm
i guess so :lol: but what I mean is they both to variations of tehre designs/styles
True. :flower:

They are both really amazing designers.I dont really think Rick Owens needs to grow as a designer.I love his style and obviously a lot of other people feel the same considering stores cant keep his garments in stock.I have never encountered a designer whos clothes sell out at the same rapidness globally.
I too love helmut astrid :flower: They are totally two differant types of designers.Lang is much more about tailoring & structures where as Owens is more about a drape and fluidity,Does that make sense?Im never happier than when I am wearing Rick Owens jackets/tops and helmut lang boots and maybe some Ruffo leather pants.
One does not cancel out the other.

Originally posted by humble balmy gore@Jul 15th, 2003 - 9:28 am
I too love helmut astrid :flower: They are totally two differant types of designers.Lang is much more about tailoring & structures where as Owens is more about a drape and fluidity,Does that make sense?
To each their own. :wink: I much prefer tailored and structured. :flower:

What ever happened to Revillion? I feel like waking up from a drunken night! :P

I was just going through the very few available pictures of Rick's collections for Revillon - and, man, they are gorgeous. I really miss his work for the house - Rick understands leather and fur like no other designer today. He sees infinite possibilities in the most unusual that nature has to offer. I loved how he always let the integrity of material speak for itself, while simultaneously innovating in shape and construction and stripping away all the mumsy, lady-like connotations fur often has. These collections offered such a modern, modern way to wear fur and leather.

This was a perfect example of when hiring a contemporary designer at an old, venerated French house works so perfectly and magically - when the suits of the company feel like they can take just enough of a risk to hire someone with such a specific and unique vision and apply that vision to the heritage of a house. A safe and unremarkable point of view never ultimately works out in the end in these situations. This collaboration reminds me a lot of the magnificent partnership of Olivier Theyksens and the house of Rochas.

^How many collections did he design for Revillon? I can't seem to find this information anywhere. And where did you find more pictures? Other than the ones in this thread I've only seen the F/W 04.05 and S/S 2006 collections. Not even firstview has more than that :doh:

I really loved what he did for this house, especially the crocodile leather (? :angel:) pieces.

my scans

Last edited by a moderator:
you're welcome
they are from a magazine named hf which is unfortunately defunct in the form of print.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->