Richard Nicoll S/S 11 London

Psylocke

Reaction score
Some interesting pieces here and there, but overall quite a boring collection, IMO.

00020ht.jpg
00030h.jpg

00050he.jpg
00060h.jpg

00070h.jpg
00080h.jpg

00090h.jpg
00100hw.jpg

00110h.jpg
00130hp.jpg

00140h.jpg
00150hw.jpg

00160h.jpg
00170h.jpg

00180h.jpg

style.it

I hate make up and hair! Models don't look like they are women.
Some pieces are boring, but i like the whole collection.

Bits of information on the inspiration, which I found interesting.

vogue.com

Richard Nicoll Preview

by Chioma Nnadi

As designer Richard Nicoll adjusts a cotton piqué cocktail dress on model Kristina Salinovic, the title track from David Bowie’s seminal album Station to Station hums around his East London studio. The Australian-born British designer was planning to use the song for his show long before he knew he’d be presenting the new collection on a railway platform—Topshop’s epic space at the old Eurostar terminal at Waterloo station—and the serendipitous synergy of it all makes him chuckle. With a brunette mannish crop, Salinovic could pass for a darker version of Bowie’s flaxen-haired first wife, Angela Bowie, and multiple images of the androgynous beauty are pinned to Nicoll’s inspiration board. There are pictures of the Thin White Duke himself up there too, and no doubt he would appreciate the ultrasharp tailoring Nicoll has become know for.

Well-hewn separates aside, the focus this season is on the dress, specifically the kind of casually glamorous cocktail attire that tempers luxury with a sense of modesty. “I was really interested in playing with the internal structures,” says Nicoll, pointing to a dress lined with the working precision of a bespoke men’s jacket. “Just like Angie, it’s about handsome femininity.” Nicoll’s signature sporting edge is still very much present, but now suede bombers and silk tees are paired with whimsical floor-length skirts. What’s more, he’s adding to the season’s hemline debate, layering knife-pleated minis over diaphanous long layers

001uc.jpg

002ly.jpg

003awz.jpg

004es.jpg

005woc.jpg

I have a feeling I'll like this collection better once I see it in motion.

This is very wearable and the skirts fluidity will add a poetic/edgy feeling to any streetstyle look, which is just my thing. PLUS he had a gorgeous pale rose shade this season.

More cape dresses from Nicholl? Well, I'm in love with those! Although it is very similar to something he did in the Resort collection.

It falls a little flat for me in places, but it's nice overall, he has some really interesting pieces and I like the pleating

there are so many good ideas but it just didn't work imo. love the pleats.

i love the pleated chiffon stuff.

the sheer shirts with the bras have been done, but I like how the whole looks were put together.

no i'm not feeling this at all the pleating thing is so tired now

I liked a few pieces but I am not a fan of the pleated skirts..

Hmm. This feels in the worst possible place - a season behind.

The strict primness with the sheer, the gothbodycon, the architectural minimalism. Were this an AW10/11 offering I'd probably rave about it but it isn't, it's SS11.

And as such, whilst it does have some appeal, ultimately it feels tired - the themes, the lines and the palette all feel not quite right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->