Rick Owens F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 4, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

GERGIN likes this.
  2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

WAVES and GERGIN like this.
  3. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Rick Owens on autopilot, but I will give him credit for letting all his models wear face masks since the lockdown! Not to mention their the only designer brand ones I would want!

apple and SophiaVB like this.
  4. TianCouture

TianCouture Well-Known Member

honestly its a lot better seeing this moving. the live stream was captivating. i think this is actually a great collection. warriors of the sea. shape and form. touches of metallic sex. i like it.

5. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

I'm missing a bit of pragmatism in Rick Owens work as of the last few years - With his previous collections from 5-10 years back, there was still this unmistakable wearability that made his even most expressive pieces believable. A lot of this remains in the costume-y territory and I get the feeling I've seen all the ingredients (such as the sequins, the extreme shoulders, etc.) before in just different arrangements.

SophiaVB, bc collector and jeanclaude like this.
  6. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ I suppose his basics of leather jackets/long tees/platform footwear still do well enough that he can absolutely indulge in strengthening his brand with these showpieces.

It’s not bad frankly. I wouldn’t touch Rick Owens menswear the same reason I wouldn’t touch Moschino and Balmain menswear, but these are solid designs for what they are. The shoulders and platforms are looking boring on so much repeat Season after Season, but it’s never really bothered me since I’m not his customer.

(Some of these looks would have suited the new Dune film so ideally. There’s a majesty to some of the gowns and capes that’s all so very utilitarian in all its dystopian tropes.)

apple, Frida and bc collector like this.
  7. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Future dystopia too literal! Looks like the wardrobe for a sci-fi movie.

It´s underwhelming, because in the past Rick´s futuristic point of view was wearable and desirable...but this only belongs to the set of a Hollywood film.

Tired of the giant shoulders and the platform shoes...Rick, it is time to move on!!

SophiaVB and San Marco like this.
  8. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

the video is so good (just a tad too long) but beautiful mood

I love the dresses, really good stuff as always

9. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

As always, there's stuff I don't like, but I'm grateful for Rick for still bringing a distinct point of view to the now corporate fashion world. He does fantastic gowns, and as always there are some corkers here. I can do without puffer jackets (it seems the kidz and millenials won't let North Face die, ughh :sick:) full stop, but there are some OK iterations of that look. I prefer the shredded black and white pieces, definitely eye-catching.

10. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Such a needed presence in fashion amid a very prolonged period of drought...the gowns are particularly intriguing: they offer a strange meeting point between monastic and orgiastic, one thinks very perverse things must go down once these figures undress...sends the imagination flying.

The presentation gets a perfect score from me, the not-of-this-earth ambience is just right for his otherwordly sea witches.

I'm definitely getting tired of the shoulder-pad galore that his shows have become but I would love to try on the black bomber jacket with quarterback shoulders, who said only Claude Montana can rock such a combo? Rick's inverted triangle silhouette has now surpassed the master's!

[​IMG]

WAVES likes this.
  11. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

I kinda love it.
    it’s repetitive yes, a little bit but the gowns are great and the silhouettes are so feminine yet strong and fierce. his shows are always manifestos (or at least I like to think so).

also I really dig what @YohjiAddict called them: sea witches. it’s spot on and just makes it even greater.

12. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

This collection is a lot of take in and in some ways it kind of feels like couture. I must say that the last look is absolutely exquisite though.

apple and WAVES like this.
  13. apple

apple Well-Known Member

Some of the pieces look so good.. In these uninspiring times for fashion, Rick Owens is always putting his best out there. I agree the collection in motion is much more impressive.

14. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

I love this. Most of it it's rick in autopilot, but still. the long 'dresses' and some other looks (this one in particular imgbox - fast, simple image host ) remind me of his ss20 collection that's one of my favorites of his ever, so i'm definitely biased