Rick Owens Menswear F/W 2021.22 Paris

As much as I love Rick his collection is grotesque. Over over over-sized coat, white, cotton, p*rn undies with five-pointed star and green, fluffy boots that looks like literally taken from Midsummer's Night Dream and "mask" which does everything but protect from any viruses. God save us all! This season is so dull I can't even...

Rick is very lost...there are a few coats and jackets which are somehow interesting...but as a whole it is a mess. A mess with an apocalyptic riot aesthetic, but a mess nevertheless.

So he staged the entire show just to sell white underwears and trenchcoats. This could be a look book Who is his ideal customers for this collection? people who have exhibitionist disorder, I guessed.

The bane of this collection is the fact that a lot of looks have been over styled.

I think the influence of Tyrone is a little to present. The collection looks very fashion-victim-ish...
It’s really gimmicky...
This time we are now in was the perfect opportunity for Rick to reset, go back to his early days, propose something warm and timeless instead of pushing that delirium that hurts his brand IMO.

Birkenstock, Moncler and now Converse...It’s time to calm down....

I think the influence of Tyrone is a little to present. The collection looks very fashion-victim-ish...
It’s really gimmicky...
This time we are now in was the perfect opportunity for Rick to reset, go back to his early days, propose something warm and timeless instead of pushing that delirium that hurts his brand IMO.

Birkenstock, Moncler and now Converse...It’s time to calm down....
the fact he opened the show says all I need to know. Their relationship is obviously romantic and he's doing it for the gram. Which is so far removed from Rick Owens that it just does not make sense.

New I think the influence of Tyrone is a little to present.
Which, to be honest, it's something I have been thinking for pretty much all of Rick's latest menswear efforts.
That said, I can't push myself to have hard feelings toward him. His figure is a lone beacon of integrity in the sea of heavily marketed trash we are thrown at season after season.
Give me his Converse every day of the year rather than a whole LV collection.

love some coats there. and appreciate they made a show during these trying times. What a great location!
but can they please stop with the converse whatever they ares?

The puffer jackets are quite beautiful and...that's about it. Not his brightest moment and the livestream of this show was nothing short of amateur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->