Rick Owens Menswear sizing

andrew

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is RO's sizing really hard to follow; nonsensical? I've tried on a unisex leather jacket, and I was a large (I'm guessing this follows women's sizing?). I see a couple men's jackets on eBay, and the measurements seem normal: smalls are small, mediums are mediums, so on and so forth. The internet has come up empty, I'm quite simply at a loss to figure out what is what.

Now my question is this: I'm seeing some great outerwear on Yoox.com recently, but what size would I be? I'm a slim 38/39 chest, 31" waist, about 5'10". I'm trying to avoid the buy/try/return cycle, and I could use some hands-on insights. :flower:

Thanks,
andrew

It's not that his sizing is inconsistent, it's more that he doesn't have a singular fit. The menswear, in general, is cut quite slim (not small, just very slim) particularly outerwear, however there are pieces that are designed to be oversized and thus, will fit larger.

The outerwear is cut very slim, especially in the forearm/armhole and if you're fine with that, and don't need to wear anything substantial underneath, then I'd go with a 38/48. If you want to wear say, a thicker knit underneath, or have like, fat wrists (seriously, very slim in the arm) then I'd go with a 40/50.

I'm speaking mostly of the leather jackets. He has some wool overcoats this season that aren't quite so restrictive in the cut.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have one of those labels where you'll just know your size after trying on a few pieces, it kind of has to be done on a case by case basis.

The stuff I'm looking at is clearly on the slim-cut end of things, so I would be a medium then? (The outerwear garments I'm looking at run S-M-L). I rarely wear anything save a tshirt under most of my jackets, so that isn't much of a concern. Thanks for your input. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeternx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->