Rick Owens #2

I feel really guilty right now. I just won this leather jacket on eBay and I probably shouldn't have bought it being a student and all :unsure:. I just hope it fits me, I'm quite worried it will be too small. I thought someone would outbid me, but they did not!

screenshot20110621at202.png

polyvore

Armour congrats on the jacket! post mod pics ;-)

I am gutted I missed out on the regular wedges on Browns website for about GBP340!!! they were such a great deal! by time I got onto the website my size was all out! so are the knotted wedges! =( oh well, I guess better luck next time! still in the 4.5 inch vs 5" debate LOL... I suck at decision making!

amour_amour363 - it's a gorgeous jacket! I hope it fits and you enjoy it, don't feel guilty, it's an investment! :D:flower:

Thanks!! I'm still waiting for the seller to ship it though :( They said they went on a "short holiday" before the item ended. I hate waiting! They have good feedback so I don't think it's some kind of scam :P

CallyBag that really sucks! I HATE when they run out of your size during a really good sale, especially shoes. You just cry thinking "why aren't me feet just that much larger/smaller"! As to the heel height, if you can walk and be comfortable in 5" wedges they look really cool (and you have magic feet). Otherwise for practicality I'd go the shorter ones. My feet start hating me in 3" wedges so I'm biased in that respect!

Amour_amour363, DITTO. I wish there were more 3" shoes. Comfort is one thing, but also - tall women do exist. Feeling *feminine* at 6 feet tall barefoot, in real world may be a challenge.

CallyBag, speaking of knotted version, I bought these:

td_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh they are so awesome, TheDivinitus! I'd love to see them in one of your outfits!

I'm not short, but not tall enough for me to care too much about towering over people (Really I like it haha). I can imagine that would be really frustrating however :/ Flats rule though so it's okay.

I am expecting my jacket to arrive this week. I cannot wait any longer, it has taken WAAY too long and I've hyped it up in my mind so much. I just keep checking the tracking number over and over :lol:

Amour_amour363, DITTO. I wish there were more 3" shoes. Comfort is one thing, but also - tall women do exist. Feeling *feminine* at 6 feet tall barefoot, in real world may be a challenge.

CallyBag, speaking of knotted version, I bought these:

nice blog. you wear it all so well. you may have pushed me over the edge with the boots though, i have them in my cart but have not pushed the button...yet.

skdfjsdf TOO EXCITED TO TYPE. It FINALLY arrived. Can anyone help me ID what season it's from? Hopefully I'll get better photos too, but this is all i could take in my drunk-off-excitement state

*edit and also there weren't any fakes made of this style? I normally see the motorcycle jacket fakes only?

photoon20110729at1551.jpg

my *bad* photo

^Congrats! The jacket looks great on you!
I think it might be from F/W 2009, but I am not too sure... :huh:

And yea, I don't recall seeing any replicas of this on Ebay.

is anyone else loving the new style wedge boots as much as i am? although i can appreciate the extreme ones, inspired by the work of sculptor Constantin Bracusi, the ones i am gushing over are the simpler version with the panels (or speed bumps as i like to call them).
the wedge height is 120mm which is manageable and just the slightest bit more umpf than the 110's but not nearly as high as the 140's.

one more question, does anyone have the 140's and actually wear them successfully as everyday shoes or are they that uncomfortable?

since this is a rick owens shopping thread, i'd like to mention that this seems to be my current collection of desirable staples. lilies with angora in them are really going to make fall and winter tolerable and the colors are bittersweet.

I would really love to see this season's boots in person. I love the extreme bump wedges, but I do think the simple speed bumps are possibly more appropriate (but since when did that matter?!). They remind me of those cute little armadillos. I've also fallen in love with the black distressed suede low wedge boots. The texture gives them a lot more character than the regular smooth leather wedges have.

I was really disappointed with one of the Lillies dresses I bought, a fabric of a mix I can't remember off the top of my head. But the first time I wore it the fabric pilled hardcore. So if anyone's had more favourable experiences please share! It's put me off from buying anymore lillies pieces.

But out of everything, I just really want one of those fur halo hats from F/W 2009.

my secret is only by lilies with the angora, its soft and not pilling. the rayon mix sucks.

i spoke with a fella at the owens store and he said the distressed suede were beautiful and that they will distress more with wear, on purpose of course. seems like many options this season for all tastes and expectations.

I have the 140's and I definitely wouldn't wear them everyday...and yes I have tripped in them but after a few wears they are fine to walk in!

lemeray, who can resist a true life experience like that! so funny...

Has anyone tried on one of the pillbox jackets? I'm curious as to how flattering they are on your shoulders.

US Vogue March 2019

Dark Victory

Photographer: Anton Corbijn (Rick), Zoe Ghertner (Shanelle)
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson (Shanelle)
Hair: Jimmy Paul (Shanelle)
Makeup: Dick Page (Shanelle)
Cast: Rick Owens, Shanelle Nyasiase

US Vogue Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back