Rihanna to Star in Dior’s Latest “Secret Garden” Video

poison84

Reaction score
SECRET SERVICE: The fourth episode of Dior’s “Secret Garden” video series is slated to feature Rihanna. The film and print campaign, shot this week by Steven Klein in Versailles, is scheduled to run this spring, Dior told WWD exclusively. The third installment has logged more than nine million views on Dior’s official YouTube channel, showcasing a trio of models whisking through the chateau and its vast grounds wearing an array of the French house’s fashions and leather goods.
source wwd

British Vogue:

AFTER seasons of sitting in the front row at the shows, Rihanna is finally becoming a Dior girl. The singer will star in the fourth installment of the label's Secret Garden campaign, shot by Steven Klein in Versailles. "Film and print versions of the campaign are scheduled to run this spring," a spokesperson for the house confirmed this morning.
Previous Secret Garden films - which show models in the new collection walking through the Palace of Versailles and its elaborate gardens - were shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, and have starred models including Daria Strokus, Melissa Stasiuk and Xiao Wen Ju.
Rihanna joins actresses Jennifer Lawrence, Marion Cotillard and Natalie Portman - who are all current faces of different elements of the Dior collection.

vogue.co.uk

She's pretty much the Queen of wearing anything and pulling it off, which will no doubt benefit Dior considering some of Raf's recent output. :lol: Nevertheless I always thought Chanel was going to snap her up at some point; she seems much more suited to that brand than Dior.

awesome!

personally I find her more suitable for Dior than Chanel, she's never tried to be a 'lady' or sold her image as something exclusive and/or about class. I like Chanel but I like her for that, and I think she makes perfect sense with Raf' beginnings and street background and aesthetic and the way it's evolved towards his current work at Dior, completely different fields but not unlike Rihanna's career.

Interesting! I'll reserve judgment for when it premieres, but I'm interested in seeing how her No Fs to Give attitude translates to Raf's extremely prim Dior!

Interesting! I'll reserve judgment for when it premieres, but I'm interested in seeing how her No Fs to Give attitude translates to Raf's extremely prim Dior!

I'm with you Moofins! Rihanna's work can be very hit or miss. I'll say this though, he's one step closer to getting a celebrity that can actually pull of his aesthetic for Dior. I've yet to see a woman, other than Leelee Sobieski look good in the new Dior.

She can work anything. I'm kinda surprised by the fact that it's Dior. Karl & Tom are praising her everytime and she is wearing their clothes most of the time and she doesn't have a Chanel/Fendi or Tom Ford contract.

Dior's incredibly lucky. She can wear absolutely anything and make it look stunning.

Secret Garden is probably the best ad campaign Dior has ever since Galliano left. Edgy and it's just alive. I'm so happy they were able to tap Rihanna and I'm so excited how Steven Kleins turns this up!

Steven Klein + Rihanna!! Imagine how fantasized that would be

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->