Rimmel S/S 2010 : Coco Rocha & Georgia May Jagger by Liz Collins

On the Rimmel site itself, there's a mini-video entitled 'the making of' which seems to be different footage from this and various upcoming ads - and Georgia's in it. They seem to be going for the three-girl set-up, trying to include different ethnicities in the TV ads, if not in the print ones. (The video's embedded in the site and I can't grab the link to it.)

Today I saw a shot of Georgia at a Rimmel stand, as part of the advertising display for a new lipstick, so it shouldn't be long before her images (and TV ad) should emerge.

Apparently Lily Cole might be dropped from the Rimmel line-up altogether (dailymail.co.uk:(

She may be studying at Cambridge, but it seems that Lily Cole's qualifications don't impress the cosmetics firm Rimmel any more.

The supermodel-turned-student is one of Rimmel's faces - but may not appear in its summer advertising campaign.

Solange Knowles, sister of singer Beyonce, is being lined up to take part alongside American actress Zooey Deschanel.

'Lily is unlikely to have her contract renewed,' says an insider. 'Rimmel want to appeal to US audiences and are planning to launch their new faces soon.'

an ad with Georgia

FEATURE_ColourShowOff_headerUK.jpg

rimmellondon.com

#23- OMG this is so horrible. Were they trying to be edgy in choosing Georgia? I'm pretty sure Coco and Georgia are not to blame as Liz Collins's work never really sings very loudly. All the images we've seen so far from the campaign have been just bad, to put it simply.

I think it looks amazing, both girls inject so much youth and energy and even a bit of foolishness and sense of humor to the campaign, I have always associated Rimmel with that kind of London girl, not really the sophisticated, larger than life type.. I love this, and I think both Georgia and Coco look fantastic.:heart:

Georgia looks awful in that photo :shock: she looks better in the commercial

Dear god Georgia is no Lara Stone Rimmel! Georgia needs to learn when it's appropriate to open her mouth!

^that's exactly the point!i'm not a fan of her, of course she's not "ugly" but if there's one thing about her that i just' can't stand it's that pose of her with mouth open!!GIRL YOU HAVE TO CLOSE IT !:furious:

^i guess she likes to display her lovely wide-spaced, beaver chompers :smile:

I think it looks amazing, both girls inject so much youth and energy and even a bit of foolishness and sense of humor to the campaign, I have always associated Rimmel with that kind of London girl, not really the sophisticated, larger than life type..

I do think this is one campaign where Georgia suits the mood - young, sassy, not exactly classy. Rimmel has the image of teenage girls shoplifting in the store after school, someone getting their first concealer or deciding to paint their nails black. Little Kate Mosses in the making, messy hair, dirty mouths.

Last store I saw, people have already tried to steal that poster, they've had to tape them down to the display to ensure they don't go walkabout. Rimmel is cheap and cheerful, although you can see that with some of the new names they're employing, they're trying to go for a blander mood for the American market.

^ are you sure that weren't trying to destroy the posters? :ninja::innocent:

Now that you've said that, I want someone to draw a beard on her. There isn't much artistic licence in cosmetic ads these days, sometimes we might need to add our own.

this is really not nice. i wonder if the photos are bad or the retouching. kate for rimmel was sooo good back in the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->