RIP Peter Lindbergh - 1944-2019

Like Lola said it feels like all these era-defining visionaries that were so influential on our formative years are leaving us this year. It's shocking for Peter because he's been working so much lately.

His raw, unretouched, vast appreciation of women's beauty in all its forms will be missed. May he rest in peace now.

RIP Peter. He could capture raw emotion and beauty like no one else.

Oh no, this is so sad :(. Especially because we often have no idea that these people are suffering behind closed doors.

I wasn't always appreciative of Peter's work, even when he was lured back to US Vogue from Bazaar in 2010 by Anna I wasn't overly enthralled. Over the years I've learnt to love the consistency and dependency of his imagery, black and white, or otherwise. He managed to capture a raw, but always serene and truly beautiful side to the models and figures he shot. He also gave off the impression of being a really lovely man.

RIP. Thank you for helping shape my view of beauty and the world around us.

(PS No one will care here, but the songwriter LaShawn Daniels who worked closely with Rodney Jerkins also passed away today. That's two people who really influenced the popular culture that I loved gone.)

Like others have said, his death is the end of an era. For 4 decades his vision of women, and their beauty has been pure and consistent. His work was and is beyond fashion or trends. It's forever soulful, timeless, and inspiring. His eye will be greatly missed.

RIP Peter. I always loved the way he portrayed women as both vulnerable yet strong in his photographs. He will be missed.

RIP Peter.
What a sad and unexpected loss, a true master and such a gentle soul. His work is timeless. He will be dearly missed.

He was such an incredible storyteller and a real cornerstone of the industry - there wasn't anyone quite like him and I don't think there ever will be again.

So sad that another icon of the industry has gone...

I'm shock with his dead, he's was one of the best photographers of the last decade & his talent highlight the presence of beauty of any women who worked around of his career. May he will rest in peace.

A year has passed since the death of my favorite photographer. Before his departure, he gave my favorite model one of the best photo shoots of her career. Always in my heart! ❤︎

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->