Robert Geller S/S 10 New York

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
not exactly what i was expecting but still some good stuff. love the cobalt blue!

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

*style.com

it looks like he utiised pieces from his new jeans line with levis and his new line of basics.

The styling is quite gorgeous. any idea on who's behind it, Scott?

thanks for sharing, btw!. :heart:

this is what tim blanks wrote as synopsis but it could be a few ideas,really.

September 11, 2009
When Robert Geller claimed inspiration from German men in the fifties vacationing at the side of the North Sea, it wasn't a literal image of stolid burghers in bad bathing suits he had in mind. Instead, he was thinking about what it might feel like to allow oneself to relax, to hope for something better after years of war and hardship. The "redemptive power of Spring" that Geller talked about was embodied in the backdrop of greenery, flowers, and fruit artfully put together by florist Zinna Christopher. The same notion carried through into clothes that were fresher and lighter than Geller's usual goth-tinged pieces. The primary color palette was sky and sea—blues, greens, lilacs—but he pushed it now and again, so that a parka showed in an electric cobalt blue with a tonic sheen.

Layering is a Geller signature. Here, a leather waistcoat was laid over tiers of delicate cotton, and baggy shorts topped leggings (the grunge mosh-pit proportion that echoes Rick Owens). They reminded me of britches—more mid-nineteenth century than anything to do with our time (let alone German holidaymakers from the fifties). The same period feel was evoked by a striped top, with buttons covered in the same stripe. But that is, after all, the bizarre, elusive essence of a Robert Geller show. In the real world, his skins and washed-cotton jackets and drainpipe jeans have a direct punky/new-wave edge that keeps his fans faithful. On the catwalk, he dresses up those same clothes in such a way (with, for instance, the buckled suede boots and the fragments of tattered tulle that accessorized his 26 Spring looks) that they take on a poetic quality.
— Tim Blanks

im surprised... I love this!

it's veeeeeery lanvin! from the colours, to the caps, to texture, to bows...

^Unfortunately for Geller, the Lanvin-ness of it all really shows how much difference in quality there is between the two brands. That said, either this or Lanvin, it's still a good look.

This collection = fail
I would buy the first jacket if it was heavily discounted, but that's about it.

I have a few older Geller pieces, which I like a lot, but it seems he's getting worse and worse each year.

it's veeeeeery lanvin! from the colours, to the caps, to texture, to bows...

i cannot agree more although those striped pants hearken back to ann demeulemeester circa spring 2008. and the funny thing is, i don't think robert gellar would even fall into a "it's like lanvin but less expensive" category as his clothes are kind of pricey for what they are.

although i must say that i look forward to the day when men actually dress this conceptually.

Much softer and poetic this season...It's nice, yet not my fav from him, and I can't ignore the Lanvin-vibe of it. Love the mustard and cobalt ponchos, my fav pieces of the whole entire collection

What a beautiful color story... :heart:
It is very romantic and effortless... a lot less casual than past collections...
The pieces themselves are great, per usual, but it's the styling here that is really
make it 'pop' as a whole... really lovely...

i want that cobalt hooded anorak. if ever i wanted an anorak :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->