Roksanda Ilincic Capsule Collection for Whistles

Spike413

barcode
Reaction score
Roksanda For Whistles

19 June 2009, 01:00PM

HIGH street chain Whistles announced today that they are set to collaborate with London-based designer with Roksanda Ilincic for autumn/winter 2009 - and the designer couldn't be more excited.
"It's so wonderful to see my work reaching a wider audience," Illincic enthused. "And it's a pleasure to work with team Whistles!"
The capsule collection - which will comprise seven cocktail dresses - is set to hit selected stores in early September and will also be available in Whistles concessions in Harrods, Selfridges and Brown Thomas priced from £175 to £300.
"I have long been a huge fan of Roksanda, and to have her design such an exquisite collection of dresses for Whistles has been a unique opportunity," Whistles ceo Jane Shepherdson said. "We have worked closely at every stage of the design process with Roksanda to capture her unique sense of play and contrast in colour, fabric and texture. It would be hard not to fall in love with the resulting collection."
vogue.co.uk

why do the inaccessible high street spots always get the best stuff? ugh...

should be gorgeous though if it stays within her usual aesthetics.

I don't really understand how that's a "deal"? I mean, it may be typical or slightly above typical Whistles prices but I could get a dress of hers on sale for 300 quid.

tsumori chisato also recently collaborated with whistles.

i guess it could be a good deal if it goes on sale that is...

Harper's Bazaar has a feature on the collaboration with 4 dresses from the collection..

(my scans)

that black structured dress with the rosette details and the gold dress are the best,imo. but everything looks very good though. considering this is a commercial endeavour they certainly seemed to have given her some creative room to work and maintain her aesthetic. it seems much more authentic than some lines i've seen.

i like it a lot especially the black pieces. the price almost seems worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->