Roksanda Ilincic, s/s 06 london

Reaction score
from style.com
LONDON, September 21, 2005 –
A Serb from the former Yugoslavia, Roksanda Ilincic settled in London and, for the past five years, has been working away at the margins of the fashion scene. What began as a hard-to-understand art-house operation given to wild prints and overstated shapes has now settled into something resembling a dressy evening collection. And this season, Ilincic's perseverance has at last earned her a place on the official London calendar. At a breakfast show at Terence Conran's Bibendum restaurant, she demonstrated how well she's learned to temper her richly romantic Eastern European sensibility—if not her penchant for big shapes. She opened with a vast black and gold brocade trapeze dress with a deep puffy hem. That, along with an oversize flounced opera coat in vibrant purple silk, presented an interestingly crazed overstatement of 1950's elegance.

Something in those two pretend-couture outfits looked convincingly personal. The rest, though they qualify as pretty, au courant party dresses, some studded with Poiret-esque fabric roses, owed too much to last year's Lanvin to stand up as very original.

– Sarah Mower

roksandailincicss06london1.jpg
roksandailincicss06london2.jpg

roksandailincicss06london3.jpg
roksandailincicss06london4.jpg
roksandailincicss06london5.jpg
roksandailincicss06london9.jpg
roksandailincicss06london10.jpg
roksandailincicss06london11.jpg
roksandailincicss06london12.jpg
roksandailincicss06london13.jpg
the designer
i like the two in post one the best although they are a bit reminiscent of bernhard willhelm, and the first of michelle lowe holder as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
they kind of don't look like they arent sewn very well...?? kind of like something a design student would make ..:ninja:

^it looks painfully apparent in the cream suits.

the collection itself does not seem very focused.

I agree, mishahoi... but, that said, this is much more ambitious than her previous collections, I think... (I seem to recall a few too many mishaps with Lycra(?)...)

^ I agree. The clothes in themselves are great, but the technique is really amateurish. If it were streamlined a bit with a little less bulky cutting and sharper stitching we'd have a really good collection.

Diorling said:
^ I agree. The clothes in themselves are great, but the technique is really amateurish. If it were streamlined a bit with a little less bulky cutting and sharper stitching we'd have a really good collection.

agreed, shes fresh, i like her style, shes bringing in something new and this is always welcome
fave look the dark blue tight silk dress with neck detail :heart:

thanks for the topic sea :flower:

Too cute....... the second outfit is so much fun..... conservative fun, that is!!!! :heart:

you're welcome lena! i think you're on to something diorling. here's three more. i quite like the first two.
roksandailincicss066.jpg
roksandailincicss068.jpg
roksandailincicss067.jpg

I agree with the previous posts, something about it isn't very professional... the way its sewn perhaps? It just looks a bit sloppy. I do like the gathered cloth idea in the dresses in post 2.

reminds me a bit of girly charles anatase...

i really like half of the pieces...:blush: :heart:

absolutely, breathtakingly gorgeous. what more is there to say? :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->