Rolling Stones

Mick, photographed by David Bailey ca. 1964
im00281.jpg

It's a crying shame that he now looks like a post-menopausal anorexic woman, because I think for a brief moment in time, he was the most gorgeous man on the planet. If you've ever seen Gimme Shelter, I think you'll know what I'm talking about. :wink: (btw, if any of you Stones fans here haven't seen it, I heartily suggest you drop everything and go watch it now, it's one of the greatest documentaries every made...imho...)

I love Keith & Mick :heart:

Angie*Miss You*Sympathy for the devil*get of my cloud*gimme shelter*cocaine eyes*...

695429e4.jpg

Keith photo taken by photographer Michael Cooper.

b83e9b51.jpg

Keith photo taken by Cecil Beaton.

the rolling stones !! I :heart: them !! Angie,gimme shelter,sympathy for the devil,(i can't get no) satisfaction,beast of burden ,miss you , you can't always get what you want,she's a rainbow,jumping jackflash,cocaine eyes,get off my cloud,..I love all their songs!:heart::woot:

Aaaah! The Stones! :woot:

I'm listening to Midnight Rambler at the moment.B)

I adore them...

(picture from music.netnam.vn)

Attachments

• rrsss.png
    rrsss.png
    406 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
I so agree with you Cosette! That's such a cool photo of Keith... B)

equinox said:
Prunes anyone?:innocent:

I love the Stones, and I do think Keith was very sexy circa 1968 and in the very early '70's. They are wrinkly, yes. But I have such admiration for them. I have seen them in concert many times, and am always amazed at Mick's stamina. I mean, how many men over the age of 60 can sing and dance and run all over the stage to over 20 songs? I gotta hand it to Mick for keeping his body in great physical condition - he's like an athlete.
True, I hate how the drugs have aged Keith. But he is such a brilliant, intelligent, witty man who writes the BEST lyrics ever.
And to be honest, they're not that wrinkly in person. I was surprised the first time I saw them. They are very short - 5'7" to 5'8", but they are all very lean and have the tonest biceps from all those years of playing guitar, drums, et al.
I just love those guys...and for them to have been together for over 43 years really says a lot.

I'm going to see them in concert in June!:clap: :clap:

I love them so much. Keith used to be so hot. and Mick too!
It's hard to pick a few favourites, but 'She's a Rainbow' and 'It's only Rock 'n' Roll' has always been my songs. :heart:

I'm also going to see them in June! Hurray:D

My favorite Stones songs are: Jumpin' Jack Flash, Under my thumb and Shes a Rainbow

My favorite Stones songs are "The Worst" by Keith Richards (his voice is awesome on this song!), "Paint It Black," and just about the entire Exile album! I love "Moonlight Mile" and most of their more obscure songs.
It's so hard to pick one favorite because they have such a huge selection to choose from!

I used to love listening to 'Moonlight Mile' before going to sleep a long time ago.I used to be a die-hard Rolling Stones fan in my teens (I would listen to them every day) . I was really obsessed with Brian Jones (and Anita Pallenberg) . My favourite albums might be 'Their Satanic Majesties Request' and 'Let It Bleed' . I do think that Keith and Mick were really hot back then. 'The 'Rolling Stones Rock'n'Roll Circus' film , 'Gimme Shelter' are great . I have two books about them, the huge one published by Virgin and a really rare one 'The Rolling Stones : The First Twenty Years' by David Dalton which contains a lot of rare pictures and interviews (I nearly cried when I found it at book fair) and also a book written by Anna Wohlin , Brian's last girlfriend about him , and a book about 'Performance' (film with Anita and Mick). I really like what they did during their first ten years , I'm not really a fan of the rest except for a few songs . Style wise, they were a huge influence , and I also like the style of some people who are related to them like Bianca and Jade Jagger ...

Favourite songs : ' Sing This Song Together ( See What Happens)' , 'Monkey Man' , 'Going Home' , 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking' , 'Angie' , 'Jigsaw Puzzle' , 'Midnight Rambler' , 'Sympathy for the Devil' , 'Jiving Sister Fanny' , 'Miss You'

i LOVE the stones, some great songs:the last time, time waits for no one, paint it black, happy, sweet virginia, ruby tuesday, gimme shelter, salt of the earth and OMG SO MANY GREAT SONGS...:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->