Rompers and pinafores

Toohaute, I've got the first one and I lovvve it. So very comfortable, it's quite revealing so normally I just wear it around the house. Also works under high waisted shorts.

Today is the first-ever time I visited Topshop. Wanted to know what this Topshop thing was as well as Kate Moss style. I saw something called "Playsuits" from the Topshop website ( http://www.topshop.com ). These playsuits are essentially jumpsuits. A lot of the ones Topshop offers are pretty cute. Amazing diversity in styles ranging from short jumpsuits, to capri-like jumpsuits... these jumpsuits look pretty cute. I'm sure femmes will find at least one "playsuit" they'd love to have in their closet.

You can check this link out for reference: < http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/s...oreId=12556&categoryId=118926&langId=-1&top=Y >.

errrr...
these are pretty much taking over the streets of lower manhattan at the moment...

:P

Do you think pinafores can look good on plus-sized girls? And up to what age can wear pinafores without looking ridiculous?

Thanks

Haha! I was wondering this too! I have had my eye on a cute little denim pinafore....perhaps it depends upon how you wear them? I personally think that it depends entirely upon your personal style: sophisticated, dressy, casual, just tumbled out of bed....I don't know, could denim pinafores ever be regarded as sophisticated? I'm slim/tiny, but they tend not to suit me. Body type shouldn't be an issue (imo), but each and every individual will have to style the look to their own needs, preferences.

Not sure about age, but I would love to see examples of this look on folks of all ages and body types. I am always fascinated by the 'I shouldn't wear that' mentality. I wonder how we come to acquire it.....

Is it fed to us, culturally, or is it just some innate sense of propriety?

:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think rompers are super cute on other people, but I feel like i can't wear them because i'm tall i'd look like a scarecrow or something in it.
American apparel rompers look sl*tty though, just like everything else they carry

I agree, Im tall and Skinny Rompers look weird on me. American apparel cloths have always promoted the sl*tty thing. Look at the Ad campaigns.

It's safe to say rompers have really caught on between my last post in this thread (two years ago) and now. These aren't everywhere in the Houston/Galveston area, but the appeal of rompers have caught on exponentially. I even blogged on rompers/playsuits. The ones I like most are the ones that look like mini dresses. The more dress-like, the better. So I'm not into rompers of bike short or Bermuda short length. These are really catching on and are much better than (speaking as a '90s person) the ones of the '90s. This is an '80s redo that I won't readily blast since this trend works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->