Shoes replace bags as hottest fashion item- The observer article

I think it's very much happening..
Unfortunately :shock: I wish good clothes would become a trend rather than having the focus on shoes and bags all the time.

I think it's very much happening..
Unfortunately :shock: I wish good clothes would become a trend rather than having the focus on shoes and bags all the time.

I always notice the clothes first, then shoes and finally the bag/jewelry.

That's the way it usually is, isn't it, ediewarhol? I often times take note of the shoes first. It really depends on what I see first. Often times, it's clothes. I guess I have a habit of always wondering what footwear a lady is wearing. I sometimes see a great combination put together, but foiled from a poor choice of shoes. I've always liked pumps, flat slip-ons (like ballet flats), sandals, and boots. I usually compliment shoes most since I feel anyone (let alone a femme) can make or break a look with a pair of shoes. I mentioned in the "Trends We Love" thread that I kind of liked pairing an office/formal-style outfit with sneakers. Like if a femme had a black blouse, khaki flared stretch pants or dress pants, and black sneakers (like a pair of Skechers Grand Jamz with natural-colored accents), then the look is just fine. I've seen T-Shirt + jeans + stylish pumps. Those work very well as well. I've even liked gaucho pants, cropped pants, and knee-length skirts paired with some tall boots. Again, works very well.

All I'm saying is that you tend to follow clothes more than accessories (including shoes). Every lady (I use this loosely) has a unique style to them whether a fashionista or a tomboy. A handbag or purse seems more of a personality item than shoes, though you can make the case for either side. Shoes overtakes handbags as must-have fashion items, but SHOULD they be noted as the hotter item?

A handbag or purse seems more of a personality item than shoes, though you can make the case for either side. Shoes overtakes handbags as must-have fashion items, but SHOULD they be noted as the hotter item?

Well, I think that's just what the article is saying. Shoes are becoming "personality" items. You no longer have boots or pumps - you have short, 4.5" lace-up booties, or peeptoe d'orsay pumps, or, as the article mentions, shoes with backwards heels. They're becoming a lot more expressive, and a lot more adventurous!

^^ you said it well

most of my friends who are girls care focus on shoes nothing much else, i think Louboutin and MJ showed this trend best omg and balenciaga lego shoes lol

Handbags vs. Shoes.
Shoes vs. Handbags.

Do we need peace sanctions for the accessories department? :rofl:

I think they're equally important and equally coveted with great things developing in either arena. People really one need both within their wardrobes. I'm all about the shoe + bag combo. In the end I agree with edie, clothing always takes precedence. Bags/shoes can elevate an outfit but miracles cannot be performed without there right clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->