Rooney Mara

Early March 2021
ozAiyN9dG28.jpg
EPGnMge75ew.jpg

vk.com/rooney_mara

Rooney Mara attends the 2021 Gotham Awards Presented By The Gotham Film & Media Institute at Cipriani Wall Street on November 29, 2021 in New York City.

lbsSCkr.jpg

lS9Plgm.jpg

The same dress she wore to the Pan premiere:

CiaO3rb.jpg

zimbio​

she's so beautiful as always, but tragically boring

She didn't use to be. Her Girl With the Dragon Tattoo era was iconic. She never wore wild or crazy designs, but she always wore interesting cuts/silhouettes, even in her candids. Her dress at the New York premiere last night was a gesture back to her old style, but not nearly as intriguing as she used to get. However, she is a mom now so maybe she just cares a lot less about it? Which is fair but no fun for us of course lol

She didn't use to be. Her Girl With the Dragon Tattoo era was iconic. She never wore wild or crazy designs, but she always wore interesting cuts/silhouettes, even in her candids. Her dress at the New York premiere last night was a gesture back to her old style, but not nearly as intriguing as she used to get. However, she is a mom now so maybe she just cares a lot less about it? Which is fair but no fun for us of course lol
I was just thinking about the Dragon Tattoo press tour - I can't believe it was 10 years ago. Every look was note perfect, and I genuinely think she and Ryan Hastings changed red carpet dressing. Somewhere along the way they both just stopped trying. The proportions are almost always off and the styling is sloppy. He seems to make more of an effort with Rosamund Pike nowadays.

She is drowning in this look and it doesn't help that the background is black. (Actually maybe that's not such a bad thing, lol.) The positive: when is this woman going to age? 36 is very young, of course, but her skin is wrinkle-free! The perks of never smiling, I guess.

Rooney Mara attends "Nightmare Alley" World Premiere at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on December 01, 2021 in New York City.

F3MSgpn.jpg

qWXINJE.jpg

kppXvdt.jpg

zimbio.com, celebsfirst.com​

I was just thinking about the Dragon Tattoo press tour - I can't believe it was 10 years ago. Every look was note perfect, and I genuinely think she and Ryan Hastings changed red carpet dressing. Somewhere along the way they both just stopped trying. The proportions are almost always off and the styling is sloppy. He seems to make more of an effort with Rosamund Pike nowadays.

She is drowning in this look and it doesn't help that the background is black. (Actually maybe that's not such a bad thing, lol.) The positive: when is this woman going to age? 36 is very young, of course, but her skin is wrinkle-free! The perks of never smiling, I guess.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I was going to ask if Hasting was still her stylist, but either way, her looks are so blah and uninspired. It makes me sad because we know what she's capable of. I don't hate this last look, but I do think the jacket is so extraneous and throws it off. It's just a little too heavy/masculine for the dress. I'm hoping there are some more press events because maybe we'll get a good look by accident or change, but probably not lol.

eta: I also wanted to add, this is very strange to me because it did seem that she cared about fashion, given how well she dressed in the 2010s and then starting her own fashion line...I'm pretty sure I read a quote from her somewhere when she was like "I'm not a doll...I'm very involved in my style" etc. but now she doesn't seem to care at all. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coconotloco
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->