Rubber Heeled or Gum Soled Shoes

saann

I don't know
Reaction score
What do you think?

I love them so much but there's that quality issue

I used to have these rubber wedges to the right (but in black) from Whyred all last fall but the quality was really lousy and they broke:cry:

whyred_1.png

styleisthealibi.de

I loved them so much that I'm thinking about buying them once again this year since I saw that they had them in leather

this one is also nice form Marc by Marc Jacobs
10022082_77322_800.jpg

marcj2272130496_p1_v1_m56577569831977481_254x500.jpg

farfetch.com, shopbop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a nice collage I found

thick-rubber-sole-soled-shoes-trend-chloe-prada-miu-miu.jpg

Top row to bottom row, from left to right: Jil Sander boots from My Theresa, Stella McCartney boots from Net-a-Porter, Prada Sport ankle boots from Saks; Marc by Marc Jacobs blue lace-ups from Luisa via Roma, Prada heels from Saks, and See by Chloé boots from Shopbop; Prada platform heels from Saks, Topshop buckle wedges, and Topshop lace-up wedges; Miu Miu boots from My Theresa, Acne trainers/sneakers, and Clarks ankle boots.

more from Prada via hapsical.blogspot.com via style.com
prada-fw09-rubber-sole-shoes.jpg

these dr. martens are also nice. 'chloe'

totallyshoes-dr-martens-chloe.jpg

comparestoreprices.co.uk

I'm all for comfort and good shock absorption so rubber heels are a definite yes for me. I have some brown rubber heeled boots from River Island last year, I ended up wearing them constantly throughout the winter season!

how was the sole for you? because with me it kind of broke (since the rubber wasn't that good) and water kept getting in.

you should post a picture of them!

I love rubber wedges at the moment. I just bought a gorgeous pair of rubber wedged boots from topshop that I am in love with

Ahh really? Mine were fine, although if I found myself on my feet all day I could feel the wearing on the balls of my feet a bit! I'm hoping they hold out this Autumn/Winter as well, only time will tell...!

I love love this thread! Thanks so much, I've been looking at every shoe posted on here. I have a pair of wedge booties from nine west similar to the burberry prorsum black suede lace up wedge booties and they are so comfortable but i gave them to my mom. Also have some suede oxford heels from bcbg with rubber heels.. always searching for the next 'most comfortable' but cute rubber wedges/heels!

if anyone is interested...
this is called a 'gum sole'...

very popular in the 70's...
wedges and earth shoes...etc...

goes with the whole return to that era...
along with high waisted pants....silk blouses...etc...

going to add this to the title ...

*my first ever pair of HI HEELS...around 1976-77...
was a pair of very high navy blue leather lace up gum sole wedges in a sort of 'clarkes' style...
i loved them more than i can say and they were beyond comfy...

my mom said i could have them because they were a wedge so they didn't seem like such an outrageously high heel...even though they were a full four inches (+ platform)...
^_^...

the ones posted and that i see around are very nostalgic for me...
:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate rubber heels and wedges with a passion. Even if the rest of the shoe is beautiful I can't overlook the rubber. I feel that rubber usually cheapens the whole look of a shoe.

Gumsoles are great, they give you the height with the comfort and stability. I know what you mean splashofcolour but I think cheapens is not the word at least for me; it's just a whole different aesthetic. It's more a rough seventies look as Softie says rather than polished elegance, which I love too but they are completely different things, one is not cheaper than the other.

I've never had a quality issue with gum soles per se Saan, I don't think it's inherent in the style?

I have a great 4.5 inch gum-soled platform sandals by Merci Beaucoup, so comfy I could wear them all day.

The only thing is that I don't know why they usually leave the rubber its natural color... Anyone know why that is?

The Spanish brand Camper of course is known for their quirky rubber heels.

The Whyrred wedges Saann posted are the one that caught my eyes too but regarding the bad quality I'm not so sure about their worth...

I have some boots like the marc by marc jacobs ones and i can honestly say they are the comfyest pair of shoes ive ever wore, i want to go back and get them in all the colours, i must admit this has taken over the hight street a storm I can see this trend being huge this a/w

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->