Ruffian F/W 08.09 NYC

adorefaith

i'm almost ready..
Reaction score
not my style but i'm sure some will be able to enjoy...:flower:

NEW YORK, February 2, 2008 – Brian Wolk and Claude Morais have closed the book on Madame de Pompadour, their Spring muse. For Fall, they said their inspiration was boarding-school girls with serious rebellious streaks. Yes, they still did ruffles: You can't have a Ruffian show without them. But any frills were tempered by biker-boy belt buckles, graffiti prints, and lots of curve-hugging Japanese denim, designed in collaboration with Earnest Sewn. And that's not to mention the ultraviolet lipstick or killer sandals made by Christian Louboutin.

Reinterpretations of prep-school uniforms—the schoolgirl dress, the fitted jacket worn over a white oxford with a narrow tie, the oversize boyfriend blazer—go with this territory, of course. It was the designers' clever take on off-campus attire that stood out: a Baja jacket in French bouclé that topped a black mini, shirtwaist dresses in a print from a 1939 Vogue listing boarding schools, and a bustier minidress with you've-got-to-see-it-to-believe-it graffiti needlepoint circling the waist. In sum, this was Ruffian's most youthful and imaginative collection to date.

– Nicole Phelps
style.com

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

omg i LOVE ruffian! but is it just me or do the shoes remind you of balenciaga heels too?

the styling of the jackets (plus their shinyness) and skinny pants with the heels all reminds me of balenciaga

i don't get this...it's not very coherent to me

actually, when you're saying that about the jackets i agree with you! definitely inspired by balenciaga.. no wonder that i loved this collection since i'm a balenciaga-worshipper!

Yeeees! It's sooo great! I really LOVE this clothes :heart:. All models look BEAUTIFUL:woot:. I want to have all of this clothes, they are wonderful!!

this show had great model casting. and i love the styling, which from me is huge compliment, since hardly any show ever excites me with its styling. a few pieces separately aren't that great, but overall its a great collection.

Very very styled like Balenciaga, but I really like the last dress on Du Juan in N°2 alot! ^_^

Some of the shapes remind me of Proenza Schouler S/S 08, while others look an awful lot like past Balenciaga pieces. Overall, a decent collection, but nothing really stands out to me.

some of these pieces are totally gorgeous. i'm kind of in love with the polka dotted skirt.

I like this collection and the styling, but I agree that some of the pieces are very balenciaga inspired...

The pants/jackets are very Balenciaga...but some of the prints remind me of last season's Prada.

Overall I think this is a pretty decent collection. Well thought out and I think they achieved what they were essentially going for. However very reminiscent of Balenciaga s/s 07, which is probably half the reason why I like it :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->