Rufus Wainwright

fashionicon

Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but I was shocked to see that there is no Rufus Wainwright thread.

Anyway, I LOVE HIM!:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: "The Art Teacher", "Memphis Skyline", "Vibrate", "Beauty Mark",..... I could go on and on about my fav rufus songs.

I'm listening to a few songs from his upcoming CD "Release The Stars" (releasing on May 15th), and I'd have to say it's one of his best albums to date. I love "Between Your Legs", "Leaving For Paris", and "Going to a Town".

Attachments

• 550138_rufuswain_200x200.jpg
    550138_rufuswain_200x200.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 12822371-12822373-large.jpg
    12822371-12822373-large.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 126
  • rufus_lg.jpg
    rufus_lg.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
  • rufuswainwright300.jpg
    rufuswainwright300.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I forgot sources: amazon.com,unimusic.ca,yottamusic.com, and candianshakesperes.ca

:flower:

Rufus Wainwright debuts his new single "Going To A Town" from his new CD "Release The Stars" at the launch of Robert Redford's environmental awareness project "The Green" (on the Sundance Channel) at ABC Home, Manhatten, NYC

YAY! The Rufus thread has been revived!

Here he is performing "Sanssouci" , a song from the new album.

And "Slideshow"

Trying to convince my mother to buy me a ticket to his show tommorow night as an 'early birthday present'

Release the stars is a beautiful album :wub: he's so underrated and special

Rufus steals my heart with "Hallejulah."

Singing it live is better than the soundtrack version of it.

I remember seeing his video "April fools"! I was so disapointed when I learn he was gay!! I wanted him to be my first husband!

^His boyfriend is a German composer i think

Would have killed to see him live the other night..he brought an orchestra along but i wasn't able to go :( oh well..

Saw him last night! He was fantastic live, his voice was beautiful and flawless. He did a song without a microphone that sounded amazing. He was so adorable, he wore lederhosn- he is very, very camp. His personality and stage manner was really friendly, funny and affable. Played songs from all his albums, didn't do Across the Universe :cry: but oh well, he did do 14th Street which I was hoping for, and was great live.

And the best part, pants down, was the encore- as y'all probably know he recently did a recreation of Judy Garland's famous Carnegie Hall concert. For his encore, he came out wrapped in a bathrobe and did a few slow songs on the piano. Then he sat on a chair at the front of the stage and slowly put on a diamond ring, diamond earrings, then applied bright red lipstick, then took off his oxfords and put on super high stiletto pumps. The stage went dark and he removed his robe and he was in a dinner jacket dress type thing, black stockings, heels and a fedora a la Judy :lol: surrounded by dancing men in tuxedos and he did an AMAZING song/dance/vaudeville rendition of C'mon Get Happy... probably the best concert finale I've ever seen. Man was he agile in those heels! Fantastic!

This is what it looked like (only imagine a man with, strangely, shapelier legs and higher heels)

pict5503_2.jpg

Pic from filmquarterly.org

Last edited by a moderator:
ckashie - Where did you see Rufus in concert? I saw him at Radio City on Valentine's Day, and it was amazing - one of the best concerts I've ever attended. "Poses" took my breath away, as did "Across the Universe" with his mother, sister and Sean Lennon (who opened the show).

^:judge: Agreed.

I just fell in love with 'Complainte de la butte' from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->