Rupert Sanderson

TheSweetest

Reaction score
Has anyone here heard of Rupert Sanderson? I just got a peek @ some of the shoes and then look him up. He has his own site and very nice shoes.

http://www.rupertsanderson.co.uk/

My Faves:
sanderson1.png

sanderson2.png

sanderson3.png

sanderson4.png

Nothing special... The last pair are a knock off of some Chanel's.

He was mentioned in the October issue of Br. Vogue, apparently he used to design for Sergio Rossi and Bruno Magli.
He opens his own store this month at 33 Bruton Place, W1 (that being in London :wink: )
:flower:

thought to bump this up as he seems to be having a little revival here:woot:

all pics rupertsanderson.co.uk

this is his SS07 collection

a store in dallas carries him...linus lounge. they are VERY expensive....600-800 bucks!

ew...

Last edited by a moderator:
you would be surprised, i know a fair number of stylists who swear by his shoes.

well the first ones posted arent great i must agree with brian but the newer styles are quite good and as ilovepositano said they are quite big amongst the fashion crowd...

Doesn't he have connections though? It seems mags etc. are always pushing his shoes but it feels like it's just his friends who wear them and then push them on other people. I've never been impressed with his shoes. I think they are overpriced for what they are and i don't really care for the heel shape. Maybe I will change my mind. I like the first ones posted and the stance of the strap on the maryjane is nice but thats about it.

i personally have a thing for brand labels on shoes... there is something about simplicity when it comes to manolo or even (i hate to say it) jimmy choo. its the white plain label which makes everyone focus on the shoe..
with rupert i always get drawn away but the hideous gold metal like label on the inner sole.. somehow it almost seems more important than the shoe itself.. and sometimes even as hideous as it is is better than the SHOE ITSELF :unsure:

but i am giving this brand a chance and am curious to see what the FW 07 will look like

How do Rupert Sanderson shoes run?

Does anyone know, how these shoes run? I have no possibility to try them on and would have to order them online. I have asked a sales agent and she told me that the last is mostly long and narrow, sizing most of the time 1/2 size more generous than other designer shoes.

That doesn't help really.
I wear 36 in YSL or Tods, Emma Hopes run big, too.
But I need a 37 in Choo, Dolce & Gabbana, or Caovilla.
Mostly I am 36.5 in Sergio Rossi, Prada, Burberry.

Please, let me know about your experiences with Sanderson's shoe sizing, because I am in love with one specific style. Otherwise I wouldn't even think of purchasing his shoes, because the price is really very steep.
Thank you!

For Leyla M.

It is the Mary Jane Style from FW 07 in black patent, called "Regal".
For me it is a perfect classic, with it's almond shaped toe and just the right position of the strap.

I hope it looks good when worn - I am a bit concerned they might be a bit narrow or showing too much toe cleavage.

Picture source: http://www.rupertsanderson.co.uk/docs/shop.php?id=13:8:0:324:12

that is my favourite mary jane!!
as far as i know they are fairly true to size (that is what i was told by rupertsanderson)
best thing i could suggest is calling the london store and quickly enquiring about the sizing for the REGAL :smile:

Just received the Regals

Hurray! I just received my Rupert Sanderson Mary Janes.
They are fantastic. They fit me perfectly lengthwise (36.5). However, the toe-box runs quite narrow (like CL), also this specific style shows a considerable amount of toe-cleavage, therefore I prefer to wear them with opaque tights. In my opinion it is a style for fall/winter so they look best with opaque tights.

Hurray! I just received my Rupert Sanderson Mary Janes.
They are fantastic. They fit me perfectly lengthwise (36.5). However, the toe-box runs quite narrow (like CL), also this specific style shows a considerable amount of toe-cleavage, therefore I prefer to wear them with opaque tights. In my opinion it is a style for fall/winter so they look best with opaque tights.
Post pics if you can! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->