Russh August / September 2011 : Aymeline Valade by Will Davidson

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Source: snaps by whippie

Russh August September 2011
Aymeline Valade by Will Davisdon

my snap

There is also a lovely interview. (She's climbed Mount Kilimanjaro! :shock: I didn't know)
She talks about skateboarding quite a bit.
The editorial is ok. She kind of jazz dances through New York in lots of white outfits. Nothing special.

I haven't seen an issue of Russh here since the Eniko one. :cry:

I hope this issue somehow manages to wind up here.

Already like it, like the cover say "Out of this world"~

From the thumbnail I could have sworn I'd hate it but it's actually amazingly pretty :wub: Aymeline's just stunning, she can do no wrong.

Hmmmm it looks Okay. I quite like Russh but I always find their content to lack something at times. They seem to stay in this one kind of aesthetic and Its getting a little boring. I'll probably still buy it though cos I dont want my collection to be incomplete. lol

I don't care if the editorials are great or not, I'm buying this just for the sake of her interview. This woman is out of this world. :heart:

Russh has been such a pleasant surprise for me this year, the covers have been fantastic and I love seeing Will Davidson's work. Thrilled to see Aymeline land the cover, as she always gives an interesting interview.

^^You said it! That interview alone will be worth it. I'm thrilled that Aymeline snagged the cover and I love that she's showing a bit of her playful personality. :crush: I seriously can't get enough of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen an issue of Russh here since the Eniko one. :cry:

If you look, the three issues since then are all here....

As much as I love Aymeline, she is becoming a little over-exposed for me. So much print work from her that my eyes almost glaze over upon seeing new editorials from her at this point. However, I really love Will Davidson's work, so I'm excited to see this.

:blush: ha Yes, that is true, they do not seem to be as prominently displayed in North American newstands for whatever reason.

Photography: Will Davidson
Styling: Stevie Dance
Model: Aymeline Valade

models

Review

Teen Riot
Ph: Derek Henderson
Model: Jemma @ Chic
Beauty ed. Nothing special. Just showcasing different ways to do black around the eyes. 6 pages.

Nowhere else!
Ph: Will Davidson
Model: Aymeline
Davidson's work in Russh is getting a little repetitive. Shoot a top model on the streets of NY etc. Nice to see Aymeline though. 16 pages.

Hope Floats
Ph: Benny Horne
Model: Jade Jackson
Nice ed from Benny shot in a studio, with Stevie styling. Layering of different pieces, with a fair bit of tartan. Wouldn't have known it was Stevie styling just by looking at the ed, as she tends to do the same look again and again. 12 pages.

On a wing
Ph: Alex Franco
Model: Nyasha Matonhodze
Beautiful ed shot in somewhat barren wilderness, featuring furs and sequins. Wish it was longer. 8 pages only. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time a black model has appeared in a full length ed in Russh. Nyasha looks stunning.

All Our Own
Ph: Stephen Ward, Derek Henderson, Rachel Cassells, Rene Vail, Holly Blake shooting some pieces from collections from Aus Fashion Week 2011.
Models: Krystal @ the Agency wearing Lover, Jemma @ Chic wearing Arnsdorf, Louise Van Der Vorst wearing Dion Lee, Hannah M @ Chic wearing Josh Goot, Kaila @ Chic wearing Magdalena Velevska
All the different collections have been photographed in a different way. Nice way to showcase Aus designers. 17 pages.

Nowhere else!
Ph: Will Davidson
Model: Aymeline

NOTE: I've only scanned the pages not featured in the preview.

Interview:

Ed:

scans by rox_yr_sox

On a wing
Ph: Alex Franco
Model: Nyasha Matonhodze

scans by rox_yr_sox

Hope Floats
Ph: Benny Horne
Model: Jade Jackson
Fashion Editor: Stevie Dance

scans by rox_yr_sox

All Our Own (Note: I haven't scanned the Arnsdorf or Magdalena Velevska pictures)

Krystal @ the Agency wearing Lover, photographed by Stephen Ward

Louise Van Der Vorst wearing Dion Lee photographed by Rachel Cassells

Hannah M @ Chic wearing Josh Goot photographed by Rene Vail

---------------------------

Old picture of Uma Thurman from 1985 featured with one of the articles:

scans by rox_yr_sox

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I lived in Australia in September. Vogue, Harper's Bazaar and Russh all have amazing covers and content this month. And none of the magazines are available where I live :(

Aymeline's editorial is just beyond beautiful. Jade Jackson is just a total stunner and rocks that otherwise boring ed. And Krystal Glynn is soooo pretty in her ed. Thanks for all the scans, rox-yr-sox :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->