Russian Fashion Week S/S 06

Lyubov Volush (Belarus < Faust's home country alert :woot:)

_ATP9666.jpg
_ATP9536.jpg

This is such a typical Belarussian folklore silhouette
\/ :shock::woot:

_ATP9486.jpg
_ATP9525.jpg

I really like what I see from these one's on the first page....Lena Starikova,Shevchenko(great silhouettes!)Romina(quirky) and Sergei Teplov.

And I love everything I see on the second page :heart: I love Eastern folklore,btw :wub:

Faust,I thought Moscow was doing S/S 06 at the moment...or last week??

I like that the commitee tries to get some International talents to show....so far Sophia K.'s been,Walter V.B. and Rachel Comey(my friend in Moscow accompanied her to the show of Ukranian talent Viktoria Krasnova)....

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott said:
I really like what I see from these one's on the first page....Lena Starikova,Shevchenko(great silhouettes!)Romina(quirky) and Sergei Teplov.

And I love everything I see on the second page :heart: I love Eastern folklore,btw :wub:

Faust,I thought Moscow was doing S/S 06 at the moment...or last week??

I like that the commitee tries to get some International talents to show....so far Sophia K.'s been,Walter V.B. and Rachel Comey(my friend in Moscow accompanied her to the show of Ukranian talent Viktoria Krasnova)....
It was last week, indeed. Scott, could you change the title to S/S 06, please? Yeah, some of the work here ain't bad at all. I was at first disappointed, because the first day really horrific, but then it got better.

^what's the deal with getting him there?? Boudicca would have been a better choice,imo.

Thanks for posting Faust. I like Lyubov Volush's collection. My first time to get to know some of the Russian designers.

Thanks you, Faust, that has opened a thread! :flower:
Some pictures from me for your attention

INSHADE

029.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

IN SHADE looks like the Russian version of Walter Van Beirendonck....maybe not quite so literal as their iconography,though. The adult-sized pyjama's are hysterical :lol:

Not really keen on the rest. Most especially the ironic raunch of Chernitsov,which is quite reminiscent of D2.

Scott said:
IN SHADE looks like the Russian version of Walter Van Beirendonck....maybe not quite so literal as their iconography,though. The adult-sized pyjama's are hysterical :lol:

Not really keen on the rest. Most especially the ironic raunch of Chernitsov,which is quite reminiscent of D2.

Yea. To be honest, I did not post plenty collections that I found pretty horrific. I still feel a little apprehensive, because Russia has become such a target for Western critics - every little error gets blown out of proportion (like we don't see enough sh*t coming out of New York and Milan) - that's why I edited the shows somewhat.

P.S. You are welcome FIFA.

^well,like I was saying to Zazie in the Alena thread,Russia-and Eastern Europe in general-is still coming along as a fashion nation(meaning something other than fur :lol:)....so it's still a bit premature and rather hit and miss at this juncture. I think in regards to the school's,perhaps they should get in some International instructors as they did Vienna where Raf,Vivienne,Jean-Charles & V&R has taught.....I really believe that's one of the reasons Austria has completely supplanted itself on the map.

Scott said:
^well,like I was saying to Zazie in the Alena thread,Russia-and Eastern Europe in general-is still coming along as a fashion nation(meaning something other than fur :lol:)....so it's still a bit premature and rather hit and miss at this juncture. I think in regards to the school's,perhaps they should get in some International instructors as they did Vienna where Raf,Vivienne,Jean-Charles & V&R has taught.....I really believe that's one of the reasons Austria has completely supplanted itself on the map.

I think you are right. And another thing, they MUST stop taking anything that comes from the West as manna from heaven, and become not only more discerning, but cut out their own style. Build on the good, but make it different, that's the key. You know, there is so much good in the Western culture, but the good is not the obvious, it's the s**t that is the obvious, and that's what they take in, because they think that's the norm.

^no joke. And,I think,the traditions are very important as well. Just look at how it's shaped the distinct styles of the Belgians and the Viennese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->