Ruth Bell

slide_1.png

houseofcannon.com

Alexander McQueen F/W 2015.16 by David Sims

111.jpg

alexander_mcqueen_fall_2015_campaign_p.jpg

Things have come full circle at the house of Alexander McQueen, at least when it comes to the Fall 2015 collection. At the brand’s Fall 2015 runway show, Sarah Burton explained that her collection about “the spirit of the rose” had been inspired by the photographs of the flower David Sims took for Visionaire—four months later and McQueen reveals a Fall campaign shot by Sims himself.

The resulting snapshot-like images of new models Julia van Os, Ruth Bell, and Jamilla Hoogenboom capture the gravely beautiful essence of Sims’ original shots from the art book. In one photo, van Os, partially concealed by shadow, reclines while revealing a lacy bralette. Elsewhere, Bell stands doe-eyed against a pastel wall, showing off her Farrow-esque buzz cut crafted especially for the campaign. Heightening the romanticism is a bloodlike crimson border that frames each image.

The ads, six in total, will appear in select publications starting this September. Until then, you can find a sneak preview here.

style/wwd

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow..the Tamy Glauser razor buzzcut is a thing. Ruth is otherworldly and chic with this look!

I'm wondering if the haircut was because of the campaign or just a change of look

^ Like a high fashion cherub. This look is everything on Ruth and im in love with the contrast between her and May now. :wub:

Loving her new look:woot:. She looked like a ethereal elf before but she looks like a fierce angel now:wub:

I feel like May used to be the 'favourite' and now Ruth is proving herself with the campaign and this new look.

Indeed, Ruth is winning "the game" here. Wow. Outstanding!

Dazed & Confused Fall 2015
photographer: Lachlan Bailey
stylist: Tony Irvine
dazeddigital via exacteditions

I feel like May used to be the 'favourite' and now Ruth is proving herself with the campaign and this new look.

I thought so too, since May won the EML and seemed, well acted more interested than Ruth.

Interesting how tables have turned, Ruth seems to be taking off, David Sims constantly working with her, a look that is easily identifiable. I've also wondered if Ruth was more willing to shave her head than May? Or they did it to set them part? Either way I'm interested in how she'll do this runway season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->