Ruth Bell

Etro S/S 2016

KIM_0160.jpg

vogue

Anthony Vaccarello S/S 2016

vogue

Last edited by a moderator:
She got elevated so much with this look...

Also was she a semi-exclusive in London?

Meet Ruth Bell, the Model Everyone’s Talking About
SEPTEMBER 28, 2015 4:50 PM
by JANELLE OKWODU

With her platinum buzz cut and bright blue eyes, it’s pretty hard to miss Ruth Bell. On the Milan runways, she’s proven herself one of the week’s most popular commodities, booking Italian fashion mainstays like Versace, Gucci, Etro, and Max Mara. For Bell, who has been modeling since 2013 alongside her twin, May (the pair were discovered in a shopping center, competed in Elite’s Model Look contest, and have often appeared in shoots together), this Fashion Week has provided an opportunity to push herself further than ever—and on her own. The appeal of being a twin isn’t lost on Bell, though: “Being a twin is awesome because you have a best friend for life!” she says. “Also, if I ever need an organ, I know I will have a match.”

For Bell, branching out on her own meant a dramatic change, courtesy of hairstylist Paul Hanlon, who gave Bell her now-signature buzz cut. While others would lament losing more than a foot’s worth of mane, Bell found the transformation a no-brainer. “David Sims wanted to cut my hair for the Alexander McQueen campaign,” says Bell. “It was an easy decision!”

The daring cut somehow tapped directly into the Zeitgeist: Bell is now among a group of beauties proudly sporting the bold almost-no-hair style. Since catching the eye of Milan’s discerning casting directors, Bell has seen her career shift into high gear: She made her Milan debut at Alessandro Michele’s Gucci show. It proved daunting at first: “It was a bit nerve-racking because I felt a lot of pressure to do well,” says Bell, “but the chance to take part in such an awesome show was amazing.” The next thrill came courtesy of Donatella Versace, who tapped her for the label’s powerful Spring showing and provided an experience Bell considers the best of her season thus far. “The heels were insane, and the vibe and energy [of the collection] were amazing.”

As Milan came to a close and fashion editors headed to Paris, they were surprised by a brand-new campaign debut: Bell, sprawling in rock ’n’ roll form for Saint Laurent’s Cruise campaign. Describing the best part of the shoot as simply working with a legend like Hedi Slimane, Bell is now primed for a Paris Fashion Week to equal her successes in Milan. With even more thrilling work on the horizon, Bell is missing only one thing. “Sleep . . . I never get to do it when I’m working during this crazy fashion month!”

vogue

Ruth Bell: Saint Laurent’s buzzcut beauty
Who’s that girl? After shaving her head for a McQueen campaign, this new face model’s career has gone from strength to strength
By Emma Hope Allwood

Sometimes in fashion, a good haircut is all it takes to kick a career up a gear (see the cut legendary stylist Julien d’Ys gave to Linda Evangelista in 1998, or how Agyness Deyn’s chopped locks set her apart back in the 00s). Originally from Kent, Ruth Bell had been working as a model for a few years along with her twin sister May, but since buzzing her hair four months ago to star in a haunting, David Sims shot Alexander McQueen campaign, things have really taken off. Or as she put it this weekend in Milan, fresh off the runway from taking a turn in Versace’s girl power collection – “It’s been non-stop!”

Indeed it has – before making her mark on the runways, Bell (who is signed to Elite) had her Dazed debut in our Autumn issue, in an editorial lensed by Lachlan Bailey and styled by Tony Irvine. She’s since gone on to walk for Gucci in Milan, Versus in London and star in a Saint Laurent cruise campaign.

“It’s been tiring but awesome,” Bell explained backstage, remaining humble about her catwalk success so far. “It’s been a bit of a surprise that I’m doing this well. I mean, I didn’t expect to get a show like Versace – but I’ve done it, so it’s great!”

After Tamy Glauser made her Louis Vuitton debut with a shaved head last season, the look seems to be gathering a considerable amount of momentum on the runways. Russian model Yana Dobroliubova closed Philipp Plein, while Kris Gottschalk walked for Givenchy and starred alongside Bell at Versace. A pair of shaven-headed twins were even spotted at Tod’s. Of course, buzzcuts aren’t new, particularly amongst models of colour – women like Alek Wek and Ajak Deng have been wearing the style for years.

As for Bell, she isn’t planning on changing her look any time soon. As she puts it, “I never want long hair again.”

dazeddigital

Wow her buzz haircut makes her extra more interesting looking and eye catchy! :woot: That's a nice surprise. I love it! ^_^:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->