Saddle Oxford Shoes

outdoorminer

Reaction score
I saw them at Payless (I know, I know...) and featured in the Fall issue of Lula magazine, there was an article on them. I think they're cute.

url

curtdanhauser

:doh: oh no, all the preppy girls from my high school used to wear them [i think the new generations still do...havent dropped by the area thank god :innocent: ].

they're cute!

reminds me abit of the circus..not sure if that's a good thing or not..

Yay for saddle shoes! :clap::wub:

I would totally wear them with a pretty dress too...a really flouncy one made out of chiffon...or a floral print.

If I tried to wear saddle shoes in a "typical" fall/back to school outfit...I think I'd feel a little too...static.

I immediately think poodle skirts when I think of saddle shoes. I've personally never really liked these shoes. And I doubt these shoes would overtake the ladies and women wearing Vans and skimmers. I certainly don't envision a 1960s(?) comeback. We had to put up with the '80s, and I'm hopeful we don't get a '60s comeback with these saddle shoes. Could these shoes work in today's fashion? Not likely. There aren't a lot of today's fashion that would work well with these saddle shoes. Or set me straight if there is something that will work with these shoes?

Pretty cool for payless, Id prefer all black though

i agree completley!
i got an all black, more jazz ballet kinda pair from windsor smith for 80, so that wasnt too bad
they are so comfy and they look really good with basic black skinny jeans and white tee shirts.

vintage saddle shoes and penny loafers are my standby flats in a sea of ballet flat girls. tho i've always preferred more boyish shoes.

both look great with cigarette jeans, or a summer dress.

I like them but I can't help but think of bowling shoes , malt shakes and diners.

My thoughts exactly. :D

I think of Bert from "Sesame Street" or Sock Hops in the 60s!

I think these are special occassion shoes. They aren't the typical "crazy" shoes you wear every two weeks. They're the kind of shoes you were every 3 months because they are so cheesy. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtletulip413
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->